1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Shot and killed during live broadcast ...

I wasn't sure if I should post this (especially the video link).

First, I want to say that my condolences go out to their families.

I posted because I think this one is going to, once again, turn up the anti-gun agenda heat. I don't see "them" allowing a live execution go to waste.

During a live broadcast in Virginia, Reporter Alison Parker and her cameraman (and fiancé) Adam Ward, were shot and killed.

Story ... http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/shot-live-tv-news-broadcast-virginia-article-1.2337586

Video ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mERfG6PQGCo

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Wow. Horrible. Condolences to the families of these journalists.

Why would someone target her? Sick notoriety?

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wow. Horrible. Condolences to the families of these journalists.

Why would someone target her? Sick notoriety?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks to be targeted. I'm guessing someone she knew, ex maybe, or a sick stalker. She was engaged to the cameraman and they were the only two shot. But that's just a guess. Tragic.
I posted only because I have a feeling that this one will be used heavily for the people control agenda.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT. Scratch that. They weren't engaged. She was engaged to someone else as was he. The woman being interviewed was also shot. She is in surgery.
They have the gunman on a camera. FBI is on it now too. I'm thinking something completely different now but I'll leave it alone for now.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Later report is that her fiancée was not the camera guy, but another person at station who has made a brief statement about this senseless tragedy. Also just saw mentioned that the lady being interviewed was also injured. Anyway, my condolences to their families and hope the scum who did this dies a slow, painful death when caught.
I agree with the opinion that the "antis" will be soon appearing on the news spouting their usual propaganda before they know the facts.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
They have a suspect. He is reportedly a former station employee. They have located him on I64 and he has apparently called people telling them what he has done. The Police are closing in.

·
Registered
12,383 Posts
Awful.

Too many people in the country/world with violent, hairtrigger anger tendencies and/or a total inability to deal with the bumps and bruises that inevitably come as part of the bargain of life.

Don't know if there is an increasing percentage of such people, but sometimes it seems so.

·
Administrator
73,049 Posts
We are a violent country, there is no getting around that fact. And yes you can expect the gun banners to milk this for all that it's worth and blame those who had absolutely nothing to do with it.

My condolences to the victims and their families.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Sad and tragic.

And yet, if the perpetrator had plowed into them with car, there would be no calls for banning cars.

However, since the perpetrator used a firearm, then yes the Anti-Gun, Anti-Constitution People Control Wingnuts will try to use it to further their agenda even before the victims are buried or Justice is sought.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
The shooter "allegedly" had psychological issues and this was a case of workplace violence and had previous "red flags".

In the first interview with the governor he used it to state his anti gun agenda!

Go figure!

As I'm typing the news says the "alleged" gunman has "ended his life"!

Can't wait for the media to get this torqued up and distorted beyond reason.

Condolences to the families in this senseless violence,

·
Registered
1,032 Posts

·
Registered
12,383 Posts
looks like he filmed himself. this is unbelievable.

https://vid.me/hpHv
A totally sick, evil, and deranged man. This video probably won't be "up" for long ... and perhaps that's best for the general populace. But for those of us (probably most Forum members) who can watch it without suffering psychological injury, I think it is worthwhile to know what occurred and how evil the now-deceased perpetrator was. Hope, and vote for, our moderators leaving you post and link intact.

In relation to posts #10 and #11, I think the video pretty much confirms that the shooter had psychological issues, to say the least.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
looks like he filmed himself. this is unbelievable.

https://vid.me/hpHv
Sick yes.

The lack of situational awareness got me in that video. Sure the cameraman had his back turned, but you see the gun out and pointed, but a fair bit of time before the shooter starts shooting. The person being interviewed paying attention to her peripheral vision might have noticed and reacted, and possibly the newswoman might have noticed as well though her angle is steeper away from the shooter. Also, if the guy was a former station employee and had known issues might one of the two from the station noticed him hanging around and kept an eye on him?

I'm not blaming the victims for such a terrible crime committed by another person who is the one bearing full blame. It just brings to mind several of the recent and past threads about situational awareness.

Condolences to the family and friends of those shot. Truly sad that the politicians and anti-constitutionalist are so fast to bath themselves in the blood of innocents to push their agenda.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Sick yes.

The lack of situational awareness got me in that video. Sure the cameraman had his back turned, but you see the gun out and pointed, but a fair bit of time before the shooter starts shooting. The person being interviewed paying attention to her peripheral vision might have noticed and reacted, and possibly the newswoman might have noticed as well though her angle is steeper away from the shooter. Also, if the guy was a former station employee and had known issues might one of the two from the station noticed him hanging around and kept an eye on him?

I'm not blaming the victims for such a terrible crime committed by another person who is the one bearing full blame. It just brings to mind several of the recent and past threads about situational awareness.

Condolences to the family and friends of those shot. Truly sad that the politicians and anti-constitutionalist are so fast to bath themselves in the blood of innocents to push their agenda.
I can add to that, It's obvious for the employer to quote that "he had issues" I would expect that, after all they want no blame in this.

So what I mean by that is the hostile unprofessional greedy employers. I have seen sane men go insane because of the work environment. I've seen employees sacrifice personal time from Birthdays/anniversaries & vacations to work for their company, be there for them for years!

My employer I have been here for 25 years and I have seen them drop dedicated employees of 12 plus years and it's awful the mental things they do to these people. From asking them to put family time on hold, to insult their language barrier, make fun of their short vocabulary, not agree with their dress attire. Promotions passed up because his hair was to long, you name it. Then top it off with a greedy boss. Yea I have seen good people go insane from the mental abuse from bad employers that will not take any blame in why someone is angry all the time.

just had a 17 year veteran here at work that put in 70+ plus hours a week during busy seasons, sacrificed B-day, gave up vacation time and he gets Diabetes and has a bad 2 month ordeal of learning how to treat it. This guy misses 2 times a week it seemed, but that was what he was remembered by, and was termed from a job he needed and insurance to help. I will always be worried that this man could convince himself that he has the perfect reason to come back and end a few lives in his opinion.

Point is, what this man did was wrong and evil, but keep an open mind and not be surprised as to why he got this way. Employers can be cold and horrible!

Condolences to the family.

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sick yes.

My thoughts too but I wasn't going to post it. I don't know if it would have made much difference in this case. The victims are unarmed and there was nowhere to go.

·
Registered
12,383 Posts
TW, I know what you're saying (post #16) and it needs to be said. I did international work for 35 years with multiple employers and saw a lot of stuff (and I'll leave it at that).

In today's incident, we -- at least I -- don't know if other factors were involved on the employer's side. Probably best to keep a neutral view on the employer until or unless we learn more.

Good post. As I'm pretty sure your saying, none of this is blame shifting; instead, it is a deeper analysis of one aspect of why there is so much anger and violence in the U.S. today. Firearms are not the reason ... and to defend this position, it is not wise to turn our backs on the question of what causes such anger in the first place. This is not blame shifting ... it is an analysis of any identifiable cause-effect relationships.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
TW45:

This guy had issues, obviously. How he got that way is an entirely separate issue.

I don't have a horse in the race other that the "anti gun" slant from the VA Gov.

"Employers can be cold and horrible!"

Yeah, and the shooter was a "victim"! REALLY!

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
My thoughts too but I wasn't going to post it. I don't know if it would have made much difference in this case. The victims are unarmed and there was nowhere to go.
I thought of that also. Generally with the awareness factor though a person is also figuring at least on a subconscious level some type of action. Think the guys on French train. But that takes a certain mindset. It might not have made a difference in this situation, probably wouldn't considering. But, it might have given them a slim chance of possibly being injured instead of killed.

Bottom line is that in a nice world you should be able to conduct yourself without having to worry someone is going to try and kill you for whatever reason, or even no reason at all. It's not such a nice world though. Some things are just stupid and make little reasonable sense. And some people are pretty messed up that they would take the time while killing someone to make sure they get it on video.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts