1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally posted this in Maintenance / Troubleshooting but it seems more appropriate here:

I recently bought a new Charles Daly 1911 and it seems to function just fine, except for one problem. For some reason, about 1/50 trigger pulls result in the hammer falling to half cocked and not striking the firing pin. Does anyone have any clue as to why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance.

Scott Danahy
[email protected]

·
Registered
287 Posts
Scott,
Would the sear spring or main spring have anything to do with the hammer falling to the half-cock position? I don't know if they would or not.
Give CD or KBI a call and maybe they can be of help. Whatever you do, don't void the warranty or you may end up like that guy who goes by the username of "hate" on this forum.
Sorry, I wish I could be of more help. Let us know what the solution is. I am always eager to learn!

good luck,
gf

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gf,

I've contacted KBI already, and they say I can ship the gun back to them, but won't give me any help diagnosing the problem. I'm going to see if this is a 'normal' problem or a defect first. I'll let you know what I discover.

Scott

·
Registered
711 Posts
Scott,

Your problem is not at all "normal" and it should be repaired. CD wrote in another post that they will issue a UPS call tag to customers with problems with new guns, call them and ask for one, that way they pick up the shipping.

------------------
Bullseye Rules!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I'll definitely ship it back.

Thanks for the advice.

Scott

[This message has been edited by scott_danahy (edited 05-08-2001).]

·
Registered
233 Posts
scott out of curiosity....did you buy a used cd, or take the gun apart yourself??? it sounds like your sear and disconector may be in the wrong order? or possilbly your threeleaf spring?? if its the hammer sear disconector...you can exspect them and see if thers any flaws? chances or it just needs proper assembly?? let us know how things work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts