1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure I would like that grip frame compared to checkering, which I am used to. Also wonder if it will look odd with other then frag style grips. Any thoughts or experience from those with a frag?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I do not own one but i have shot one. I loved it. I wouldn't get rid of my Hellcat for it, but really liked it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
My Hellcat X2 has the same type of checkering as the Frag but the entire grip is one piece so it matches. IMO the front checkering is no where near as grippy as my Ed Brown Snakeskin or even my DW's. I like my Hellcat X2 but I don't feel locked in when I'm gripping it. If that makes sense.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I have a few GI’s but would not buy a Frag simply because of the grip pattern.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
I have a 50GI with the frag pattern and really like it. The traction from the pattern is good and to me it is pleasing to the eye but every one sees things differently. Life would be boring if we all liked the same things.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I love my Frag gripiness and love the looks too. Great model from GI that I think I’ll never sell. Oh and it accurate as hell too.

·
Premium Member
20,289 Posts
One of my favorite things about my GI's are their 15 lpi checkering. I tried a buddy's frag and it lacked grip.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Haven't handled the Frag but I would say this: As you're seeing, opinions are mixed -- works for some, not for others.

But I rarely see a complaint about GI's 15lpi.

Unless you can get your hands on a Frag and discover it really works for you, the better bet is probably to go with the the checkering.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
I was completely against the GI 15 LPI and held off for years buying a GI just for that reason, then I bought a GI with the 15 LPI and now I'm sold. I don't like the looks of the Frag and it is purely aesthetic.

But for my part of the 1911 lure is the beauty of 1911s, for me, the Frag kills that beauty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts