1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you guys, but I've been getting tons of donation requests from various Republican political candidates and PACs. Since I've gotten tired of the Republicans only mouthing support for gun rights, and not actually doing anything about it, I decided to follow the example of several on this board, and sent a letter instead of a donation.

Here's what I sent:
Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your recent letter. I am pleased to see that you are running for a seat in the US House of Representatives, and wish you great success in your campaign.

Sadly, over the last 20 years, I have witnessed a truly disturbing erosion of the rights of gun owners and other law-abiding citizens in this country. The Democrats and other elitist "liberals" who have perpetrated this push towards a disarmed society of victims should be ashamed of themselves. However, what is truly sickening is how the Republicans, the self-proclaimed defenders of the US Constitution and the American Way of Life, have passively stood by and allowed this to happen.

Therefore, I will not donate any more money to any candidate, or to the Republican Party, until the candidate(s) and the Party take a forceful, proactive stance towards restoring the rights of law abiding citizens in this county. I don't mean just preventing more gun-control legislation, I mean actively working to repeal the more than 20,000 unconstitutional gun-control laws in this country.

Until the Republican Party and the Republican politicians and candidates start actively working to restore my rights, I will instead donate my money to organizations which are working to protect me, my family and my rights -- the NRA, the GOA, the CCRKB and others.

Sincerely,

I am beginning to think that letters like this might be the best way to get through to the Republican leadership -- by poking them where they are most vulnerable - the wallet! Perhaps if enough people send letters like this instead of donations, we might start seeing some real action.

BTW, please feel free to use this as a basis for your letters, if you want.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I agree, I think it's high time that we begin to demand the Republican Party stand up and support us as much as they expect us to support them.

In Washington money talks, and I think it's time we all start refusing to finance our own slow destruction. The Republican Party has done nothing to rite the wrongs of the past, and they seem to be content to take she scenic road to Hell (and call it success). I for one expect more from my Representatives, and I'm completely sick of the Republican Party telling me that I have to pay them to do the rite thing. :mad:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I do agree with the essence of your letter and sending it. It's interesting to note that some of the Demos who are up for reelection next year are sponsoring pro gun legislation. THe problem is the farther members of either party are away from reelection, the less concerned they are about the 2nd amendment. This is especially true of Senators who only have to concern themselves with reelection every 6 years.

I do think that this administration has done a lot of good towards our cause, especially Attorney General Ashcroft stating his opinion that the right to bear arms applies to you and me and not state militias.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I wish commend you on a very well thought out and articulated letter.

I agree with what you said, and would ask you permission to use this letter in response to the requests which I recieve.

Good Job.

Be Safe

Bryan S. Williams
Williams Associates Protective Services, LLC
www.wa-protective.com

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Response to Donation Requests

WAPS said:
I agree with what you said, and would ask you permission to use this letter in response to the requests which I recieve.
Go right ahead. Feel free to pass it around, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts