1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a US&S 1911 that had been reblued with target sights added. All markings are clear.I am considering restoring it to original condition as it the barrel is excellant and original. The gun is very tight and appears to have been little used. What are the original grips and where could I find them ? Also, where could I get the gun re-parkerized or would another refinish destroy the markings ? Thanks, busher

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
The original finish on the US&S was not Parkerized. The pistol was sandblasted and Du-Lite blued. Depending on the serial number range of your US&S would determine which Keyes grip you would need. The early pistols did not have a ring around the screw hole while the later pistols did. I believe Simpsons gets $25 for the early Keyes grips.
JP

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info M1911A1 & Johnny Peppers.Simpsons is a place I hadn't thought of as a source.I visited there every time I went to Knox College where my daughter graduated and most recently when she was inducted in the Athletic Hall of Fame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts