1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This morning my long anticipated Colt Model 605 (clone) returned from John Thomas at Retro Arms Works. As usual John never disappoints me. Turn around was way less than the 10 days he advertises. The rifle itself is a little bit of every thing. Nodak Spud, LLC 604 upper and XM177E1 partial lower receiver. The D stock, pistol grip, and hand guards are correct for their time period. The barrel was a cut down Colt A1 to the proper 15" length. Bolt carrier group is a new M16 chromed Fulton-Armory with no serrations. Lower and upper small parts are all Colt.

Soon I'll be doing some range time with this new to me product and will be posting range results. Also, a thanks to Boy Wonder, and Slim at Indiana Surplus for small parts and a few other small items. Thx for looking! Sorry for the so so pictures. I do my best.

http://www.retroarmsworks.com/
http://www.retroblackrifle.com/

·
Registered
274 Posts
Very nice! Based off the original "dissipator" carbine concept. Does it have a true rifle length gas system??

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Definitely well into the Cool Zone. Really nice!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice! Based off the original "dissipator" carbine concept. Does it have a true rifle length gas system??
Yes Sir, the Model 605 utilizes the standard rifle length gas system. I'm not sure what size gas hole was used on original model though?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
605 down range

Today I finally found time to get my newly put together Colt Model 605 clone down range. I also took my new Colt Model 723. If you do a search you'll find out about this build. So I won't go into that. Sighted it in first with 25M M16A1 sight in target. One adjustment then you can see where I ended up with two 3rd sight in shots. Nice, but one flyer? Then I moved out to 100yds. I had to hurry since a thunder storm was getting ready to strike. Did a quick 10rd sight in and all in A Zone. Then rain hit and did a 20rd magazine dump and a couple low but all pretty much centered. I'm happy. No miss feeds or malfunctions of any type. Bolt locked to rear on each empty magazine. IMI M193 55gr FMJ ammo used. I'm looking forward to my next range session with this young lady again. Thanks to John Thomas @ Retro Arms Works and the crew at NoDak Spud for the upper and lower.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Cool and interesting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts