1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely hate the duckbill look of the upswept grip safeties. The other day I got a standard spur hammer, standard grip safety, a GI recoil spring guide and standard guide plug, and a flat checkered Wilson Main spring housing, and put it on my Kimber Classic, first version (like a series 70). Damn if it ain't a thing of beauty, even with the forward serrations, it is really, really good looking.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
He doesn't like progressive things like beavertails...why would he have a digital camera? Perhaps he could provide you with an etching in wood or a charcoal drawing on a cave wall...?:D

·
Administrator
73,401 Posts
Ouch!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Now you've got to have a friend with a digicam or even a regular camera and a scanner. We need to see what you did! Inquiring minds want to know :D ...

later,
AJ

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot.

I use digital equipment every day at work, and don't feel like playing with it at home... is that o.k with you?

I guess anything newer is better, eh. I Suppose rap music, Emenem and Snoop Dog are progress..? I'll take Motown and Seger any day.

I suppose also that I should dump my MG 34 and 42, my STG44 and my MP 38's and MP 40's to buy that new plastic monstrosity that H&K has come out with.

This is America comrade, we are free to have our opinions and our own personal taste in our possessions.

I also thought one of the rules of this site is to not flame and bash members for no apparent reason.

Time to practice your goose stepping, baby.

Guden Tag

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
:D :D

SMILIES!! Did you see the SMILIE!?!?

Wow...no need to get rough with me...:eek:

·
Premium Member
20,368 Posts
They just want to see your end product. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hdm25....you are da man...I'll lay off the caffeine. My sincere apologies. But hey, I got to write more than a paragraph for a change.

I'll try to get some pix out. The wierd thing about this combination of parts is that the Kimber sights look ok on there.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Greco, what gunshop do you own in Michigan? I only ask cause you have an MP40 and I really love that gun! I live in Lansing area and deal with a class 3 dealer in the Detroit area.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Socomguy, I don't own a store. I have dealt with either Bob Landies or Kent Lamont for all my class 3 stuff. Bruce MacAurthur lives 10 minutes from me, and is the best technical guy I have ever seen, can fix everything from 1911's to mauser 712's blindfolded.

Don't you just love to shoot the MP40...!! I wish I had bought an extra bbl for it when you could still get parts reasonable. I got an extra lower when I bought it. Parts kits were only $275 back then.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
"The use of a so-called 'smilie' does not excuse fighting words, IMO."

But the use of a "smilie" shows that them "fightin' words" ain't really fightin' words.

It shows that the poster's intent is humorous, good-natured or whimsical.
It's one of the ways people posting on the 'net try to get around the lack of facial expression and "body language" which would be available to us in face-to-face conversation.
It's really a sort of visual courtesy.

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
C'mon guys. All he wanted was to see the guy's retro in a picture. It was resolved.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
356 Posts
I remember many years ago when the beavertail grip safeties started showing up, I thought they ruined the look of a 1911.

. . . . .then I handled and shot one.

An Ed Brown or CMC beavertail is one of the best things you can do to a 1911, especially if you shoot allot.

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
I gotta agree with Derek45auto. My old Commander and my Remington Rand both look better IMHO, but my Kimber just feels soooo smooth on the back of that grip frame!!!!!!!!!!;)

edited for spelling

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey, in the interest of keeping harmony, I'm offering to post some pictures of your creatoin. Just mail it to me for a few days and ...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts