1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nearly 8 years ago I needed some quick cash to pay bills and a friend of mine agreed to buy my then 2 year old Kimber Classic Stainless that I special ordered from my local GS.

Well, today it came back home for free. I helped that same friend land some new business and in return he gave me back my favorite first series Kimber.

Now my Ultra Tactical won't feel awkward hanging out with the Colts. :)

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
That's called good karma. Nice! Did you have a chance today go shooting to get reacquainted yet?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet...I've spent about 3 hours taking it apart and cleaning every piece to get it back to near perfect condition. New Hogue wood grips, too.

My friend enjoyed shooting it, but he's not quite as thorough in cleaning it as I am.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That's great to have your pistol back! And a very honorable gesture on your friends part to give it back, no strings attached.

Glad to hear you'll putting time into giving it a thorough cleaning as well!;)

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
I love that gun. Basic early Kimber in stainless.

·
Registered
598 Posts
My favorite Kimber, too. It sees the most range time.

:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's probably one of the best looking 1911's out there (IMO). I love the bead blasted finish on the entire gun. It looks really good with smooth rosewood laminate grips on it.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
:bawling: I love happy endings, I want some chocolate now. Glad to hear ya got your ole girl back, she must love ya.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts