1911Forum banner

REVIEW: A word about Haugen leather

3376 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  cowpuncher/pi
I apologize for not being able to post pics at this time as I'm in the middle of a move cross country. What I can do is say that Jerry Evans of Haugen Handgun Leather is one heck of a stand up, pro-troop, good all American businessman with a darn fine product. Without going into detail, I had an idea about what I wanted(leather pancake for a Kimber TLE/RL in leather...kinda hard to find) and he took care of the rest and delivered exactly what I wanted. I will most certainly being doing business with him again. If you are looking for custom leather at an extremely reasonable price, check them out. He sure took care of me.

I am in no way affiliated with Haugen leather, I just like to spread the word when I'm treated like a friend instead of just a customer. Hopefully when I get to my next duty station I will have some time to post some pics.

Have a happy and safe holiday season.

Mac
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
267 Posts
Haugen Leather

I have been using two of his holsters for the past 1 1/2 years. He made a holster for my Springfield Champion and my MC Operator. These are the two best leather holsters I have ever used! The fit and workmanship is outstanding. These aren't holsters I use once in a while I carry my gun over 10 hours a day in the holsters with no problems what so ever. I give Haugen leather an A+!!!!!

· Registered
19 Posts
What kind of wait did you have, before you got your leather? I think I will soon be looking for another leather shop. I currently have an order in for a couple holsters and belt with a different maker, and was told 14-15 weeks. Now that it is almost 19 weeks, not to mention the day before Christmas, I have about reached my tolerance level. Matter of fact, I may be soured on the whole made-to-order process... can you say Lightning Arms boys and girls?

Anyway, sorry to whine on your thread.. just needed to burn off some frustration.. throw up some pics when you get a chance.

Best wishes.

· Registered
267 Posts
haugen leather

My wait was maybe 3 weeks and that was becasue I needed a holster for the Springfield MC Operator in straight draw.

Their web site is great and has pictures of all the different holsters they make. I would post a picture, but mine have been on my hip for over a year and a few knock down interactions with the criminal types I deal with. The pictures of my holsters would not do the craftmanship justice. Too many battle scars.

Tony P.

www.haugenhandgunleather.com

· Registered
22 Posts
I have four of his holsters. And have three more coming. I looked high and low for a maker for a Kimber with the Bul frame. I talked to many makers. And looked at many website. I called Mr. Evans up. He said " sure we make it". Knew exactly what I was talking about. He also made me a real nice OWB for my Makarov. Making a IWB for me now. Great company and great holsters. Regards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.