1911Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got it today. I was very impressed. For a toy, it is just up our alley. If you've ever been tempted to take out your 1911 and just fool with it around the house, but were concerned about developing bad safety habits that way, this is the toy for you because although it has a substantial feel, there is no way you'd mistake your real 1911 for this one once you picked it up. I say toy, but those little plastic pellets actually develop quite a lot of velocity (even though its just a little bit of spring power creating the expulsion of air which drives them), so you should still practice safety rules with it, but then again you don't have to worry about destroying anything, and the chances of serious injury are quite small should there be a negligent discharge (You'd have to actually strike the eye ball to cause any serious injury at all). Lots of fun. Works exactly like the real deal, and functions close enough to be a valuable practice aid around the house. Very well done replica/toy, even down to most visible parts corresponding to those of the real thing (e.g., there is even a guide rod and barrel bushing). I give it my thumbs up as the perfect toy/practice aid for those of us with S&W 1911s, or any other 1911, for that matter.

PS Sports Authority carries them, along with the plastic pellets.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts