1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1483 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

As part of my new interest in Revolvers I'd like to request if you can post some pictures! I would really like to see the guns you guys are talking about!

Thanx Guys!!!!

Nano

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
First picture:
The S&W's: M1937, M28, M15, M&P, M36

Blackhawk in .357

Colt New Service WWI Canadian issue

USFA Rodeo

Enfield .38S&W

·
Registered
312 Posts
From the top....
1967 Nickel Python 6"
1988 S&W 625 5"
1988 S&W 66
70's Colt Detective Special
S&W 500 Mag

Attachments

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Usually...

...I like my .38 Supers to feed themselves but I have two nice S&W Performance Center .38 Super revolvers. For some reason I can only get a picture ot the 686 Performance Center gun to post...will try to get a shot of the 627 later....Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts

Old photo, forgot the Auto was in there... :biglaugh:

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
OK Nano,

Here's a couple or three;

S&W M28-2, 4" bbl a New York State Police gun, RR front, WO rear, smooth trigger.

Here a .38 Hand Ejector, S&W from the '30s.

Next up, a M27-2 and a M28-2 both with 6" bbls.

Finally, 3 Rugers in .44 Magnum. Top a New Model Super Blackhawk, 4 5/8" bbl Custom by Magnaport, middle a Flat top Blackhawk 6 1/2" bbl, bottom, a Super Blackhawk Old Model 7 1/2" bbl.

That's enough for now.

tipoc

·
Registered
606 Posts
My recently acquired 4" S&W 629. Custom action job by Art Leckie in PA.

I love my 1911's, but have not fired either of 'em since picking this baby up. Load development has become an obsession, & fortunately, I'm beginning to make some progress. It ain't easy, let me tell ya'!

Shown is a group produced off bags at 25 yards. Hornady 240JHP-XTP over 11.4 grains of VV N-350. Measures just under 1.0".

AA #5 loads are beginning to show some progress, as well...

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Are real old ones OK?
1860 Army (1863) carried by Capt. Ellery Channing Ford, U.S. Cavalry (not mine but I worked on it for a friend)

Webley & Scott MkIV .38 S&W

Colt Frontier Scout and .22 mag cylinder

·
Registered
409 Posts
My first..

Here's my first revolver.. a used 686 I picked up last week. Just got my squarebutt Ahrend grips on her today...very nice grips. Sorry for my crappy pic, but my digital camera doesn't like macro shots apparently.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Thanks for the detail DHart. I think I might give that a whirl. I love the grips but they do feel slick... think the feel of the actual wood would feel and grip better.
Gonna give it a shot!

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nano Cacho III said:
Hi Guys!

As part of my new interest in Revolvers I'd like to request if you can post some pictures! I would really like to see the guns you guys are talking about!

Thanx Guys!!!!

Nano
I know it's a cliche, but they truly don't make them like this anymore.

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
DHart thanks for the tips. They feel so much better hand rubbed than with the polyurethane finish. Sanded em down and applied teak oil to em. I love this revolver even more now, feels and grips so much better with my new Ahrends.

Rear needed some sanding to make the grips flush, came out nice after about 15minutes of sanding

·
Registered
606 Posts
Yo Han said:
DHart thanks for the tips. They feel so much better hand rubbed than with the polyurethane finish. Sanded em down and applied teak oil to em. I love this revolver even more now, feels and grips so much better with my new Ahrends.

Rear needed some sanding to make the grips flush, came out nice after about 15minutes of sanding
WOW - big diff, huh? Really nice job.

Does Kim Ahrends have a web site? I'd like to check out the round butt variations for my 4" 629. And maybe (just to give DHart a run for his money) for my 2.5" 686, as well. ;=]

Who would have thought so many revolver fans, on the 1911 forum? And they said the wheel gun was dead.....

·
Registered
409 Posts
gcf said:
WOW - big diff, huh? Really nice job.

Does Kim Ahrends have a web site? I'd like to check out the round butt variations for my 4" 629. And maybe (just to give DHart a run for his money) for my 2.5" 686, as well. ;=]

Who would have thought so many revolver fans, on the 1911 forum? And they said the wheel gun was dead.....
Thanks GCF! He doesn't have a website, but below is his info. I sent him a check for these grips lastweek and got them on Monday, very quick turn around. You can call him also if you have any questions, both him and his wife are very nice and helpful. They have me sold.

I bought a set of roundbutts thinking I would get a L frame roundbutt, man they are gorgeous. Just sitting on em till I get a 2.5 686 ;)

Kim Ahrend
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 1483 Posts