1911Forum banner

1441 - 1460 of 1483 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Now that's the way to do compact .357 Magnum concealed carry. It's just right.

I'm partial to K-Frame and N-Frame Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum revolvers of older traditional manufacture over any other Smith & Wessons, nay any other brands of .357 Mangnum revolvers.

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Very nice find. I prefer a bit longer barrel but that is a great defensive gun. I was standing behind a couple in my LGS a few years back when they bought one very similar to that for the wife for self defense. I got to hear the whole story but kept my mouth shut. She was 82, never fired a gun before, and they were buying hot self defense ammo. I did volunteer one thing. I suggested that she learn to shoot the gun with 38 Special ammo before she loaded up the hot stuff. That was ignored. I sure hope that one ended well. I guess I should have said hello and if you want to sell that after you shoot it call me.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Great find. Those guns are over built. They'll last until the good Lord returns.

·
Registered
12,266 Posts
Can’t help it, I’ve always correlated skulls with S&W revolvers. Still have an older tshirt from S&W’s online webstore that I rotate into my evening walks.

But, it was Tokyo’s post that pushed me over the edge. Still baffled as to why I dig them so much, considering that I’m not a fan of pearl grips.

My EDC SW625
However, I can’t deny my obsession with these. So, I found the Maker on eBay and bought them. Crazy that these grips went from Bangkok Thailand, to Hong Kong China, to Cincinnati OH and to my front door in North FL in only 3 days. Damn, that’s just insane.

Anyways, these are just like Tokyo’s except with a cool shade of S&W blue.

For a bit more variety, please feel free to post some pics of your S&W K/L Frame grips.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Here’s my s&w 357 revolver n frame 6”

·
Registered
305 Posts
My only Ruger, a 2000 mfg GP100 I bought new. I replaced the rear sight with a Bowen Rough Country sight and I replaced the grip inserts with a set of Lett's "fancy walnut" inserts that I bought when Lett's had a closeout sale when they went out of business.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Found this one recently after being without one for several years. These are one of my favorite handguns. They point so well and are easy to fire accurately. Widely used by aircrews during WW2. Makes for a great gun to carry along on my yearly canoe camping trip. Just a fun and historically important revolver. Probably the lowest priced of any of the U.S. service guns.

·
Registered
13,527 Posts
Nice gun! Q Tip, is yours "in the white" with the finish removed? Looks that way to me.

The one I have is in 38-200 (38 S&W) It was cheaply nickel plated back in the day. As many GI's had done . But I don't mind much because that is authentic to it's time.

And the gun was "free" anyhow. I was gifted a Porsche 924 "parts car" that I managed to get started & drive to my house in a clattering cloud of smoke. Put an ad on Craigslist (that was against their rules) saying "will swap for any old gun" Dude came with the Victory revolver & the deal was done. Th ad was already flagged off when I went to remove it.

The car's new owner built a Lemons Racer out of it. So it was a win-win. :)

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Probably the lowest priced of any of the U.S. service guns.
You haven't seen what nice Victory Models are bringing lastly , have you? US Navy marked guns in good condition are over $1100.

1441 - 1460 of 1483 Posts