1911Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,315 Posts
Right on Plant!

It is beyond preposterous that anyone can make the claim that the CDC actions against a virus is setting precedents for anti 2A action which would have any chance of being held up in the courts.

"Yea, the government makes me follow rules to get rid of my garbage! Yikes, if they can force me to do the right thing about my garbage, they will take my guns away too!" People need to take deep breaths, let go of their self-righteous-outrage (cause that is what it is), and use some gray matter.

·
Premium Member
13,315 Posts
Just checked POTUS's twitter, looks like he is backing off the NYC+ quarantine after consultation with the Governors and CDC.

Too bad, no reason for outrage now.

What we have now though is a half ass quarantine in our country, and what we are relying on really is heard-immunity of sorts for resolution. I don't necessarily have a problem with this, but it likely isn't going to end anytime soon. Right now we have the young and middle aged population home 24X7 keeping them in the same areas that older retired folks with preconditions frequent during the day. Get the people back to work who want to work, give them gloves and masks, social distancing too, because the 1/2 ass quarantine approach is fairly (not totally) worthless.

·
Premium Member
13,315 Posts
Anyway, I'm going to do something productive now and see if I can forage for some toilet-paper on the internet - LOL!

·
Banned
13,565 Posts
It seems easy for you to pontificate while talking out both sides of your mouth, ie, cracks about felony’s for NY,NJ. The fact is, as combat auto posted,kindly refute this:(https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/aboutlawsregulationsquarantineisolation.html ). the cdc has the authority, which goes toward containment and reducing the potential spread of the virus. Its far and away different than instantly taking away someone’s God given right to protect themselves under 2A. The other fact is, This is ALL about the economics, and how long can this country be effectively shut down. If you believe that theres no value in reading the data and (according to you) constitutionally allow people to roam free like nothing happened, then say so. Im in the hospital everyday putting myself and family at risk and have done so for 30+ years regardless of the current epidemic, pandemic or problem. So,why dont you go to your local hospital and volunteer..(and leave your mask and gloves off)
I would urge you to read the complete section that you and CA have chosen to cite. It clearly refers to INDIVIDUALS, not an en masse incarceration.

LOL @ you guys. If Obama even breathed doing something like this, you'd be burning his likeness in effigy. But you're clearly willing to give the current administration a total pass without even questioning the constitutionality of such a move.

·
Premium Member
7,331 Posts
I would urge you to read the complete section that you and CA have chosen to cite. It clearly refers to INDIVIDUALS, not an en masse incarceration.

LOL @ you guys. If Obama even breathed doing something like this, you'd be burning his likeness in effigy. But you're clearly willing to give the current administration a total pass without even questioning the constitutionality of such a move.
I did read it.

Oh boy, we’re going to try and equate Obama admin and decision making to Trumps? Go for it.
Obama didnt make one thing better in 8 years and many worse,but yet was praised, insulated and protected. (Benghazi, ADA, not to mention trying to undermine Trumps campaign’16)

Trump, conversely, is chastised for everything he says or does.

Btw, Trump did not issue the national quarantine. I’ll say it again, this is going to come down to the economics. There will be calculated decisions going forward to open things up, and it may be ahead of the data, or the data will re-interpreted, and protocols adjusted. It happens all the time.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts

Your'e re arranging deck chairs on RMS Titanic mate. Doesn't matter that un Constitutional is un Constitutional....
By their logic, AW and magazine capacity bans ARE Constitutional- there are dozens of jurisdictions with such restrictions, and dozens of Federal Court (up to the Circuit Courts of Appeal level) have almost uniformly upheld them... if the Courts say so, it MUST be right...

·
Premium Member
13,315 Posts
Your'e re arranging deck chairs on RMS Titanic mate. Doesn't matter that un Constitutional is un Constitutional....
By their logic, AW and magazine capacity bans ARE Constitutional- there are dozens of jurisdictions with such restrictions, and dozens of Federal Court (up to the Circuit Courts of Appeal level) have almost uniformly upheld them... if the Courts say so, it MUST be right...
Your logic is very flawed, ridiculous on the face of it. Because someone thinks one law is constitutional it don't follow they think all laws are constitutional.

And not true, and proof is we are suing on Constitutional grounds to follow up on our beliefs (mag-limit, carry-rights, red-flag), much more valuable vs the self-righteous-indignation of the internet worriers who do nothing to back-up their beliefs except waive a finger in the air:biglaugh:.

As suggested by several of us, if you feel so threatened about what is going on concerning the quarantine issue go sue someone, otherwise it is just hot-air...Seriously, that is all it is...

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Not true, and proof is we are suing on Constitutional grounds to follow up on our beliefs (mag-limit, carry-rights, red-flag), much more valuable vs the self-righteous-indignation of the internet worriers who do nothing to back-up their beliefs except waive a finger in the air:biglaugh:.

As suggested by several of us, if you feel so threatened about what is going on go sue someone, otherwise it is just hot-air.
It is true, because every such case has been stopped dead- and SCOTUS hasn't even considered taking one....

For good or ill, I don't have the means or organizational support to actually do anything at this point...

Whats scary is that so many that claim to be serious supporters of the Constitution are just taking a knee.... because this restriction doesn't impact them, they don't care... or their focus is so narrower that they can't see it... or their understanding of the Constitution is limited to parroting pro 2A cliches, and they know nothing beyond that.

There's a wee bit more to the Constitution than the 2A...

·
Premium Member
13,315 Posts
It is true, because every such case has been stopped dead- and SCOTUS hasn't even considered taking one....

For good or ill, I don't have the means or organizational support to actually do anything at this point...

Whats scary is that so many that claim to be serious supporters of the Constitution are just taking a knee.... because this restriction doesn't impact them, they don't care... or their focus is so narrower that they can't see it... or their understanding of the Constitution is limited to parroting pro 2A cliches, and they know nothing beyond that.

What knee, that is just internet BS talk, you are the one with the cliches's...Fact is you are doing absolutely nothing to back up your beliefs and making excuses not to do so. That is fine in and by itself, but stop with the self righteous indignation vs others beliefs, it is not becoming of you, I know you are more intelligent than resorting to such nonsense.

You think the CDC powers are unconstitutional - go do something about it. Stop referring your inaction's to others who don't feel the same way. You're taking a knee, your a sheep, and any of the other internet cliches you have used, just turn them towards the correct person (you).

Self-Righteous-Indignation is a scary thing, usually a reflection of lack of critical thought.

·
Premium Member
7,331 Posts

SCOTUS cherry picking cases is no fault of anyone’s but Scotus.

Ive made multiple contributions to cases without saying a word beyond my close network of friends. Its much easier to stay in the background and say “I can’t “.

Ive not walked a mile in your shoes, Don’t pontificate and pronounce youve walked a mile in mine.

·
Premium Member
13,315 Posts
"What exactly makes a person "self-righteous"?

Among the motivations of a self-righteous person is to gain approval from people. He wants to look righteous, so people hold him in high regards. This is exactly what the Pharisees did."

My Comment: In other words, playing to the crowd to get approval. Using words like "taking a knee" "sheep", etc., are all known crowd pleases on gun forums.

10 DEADLIEST Signs of Self-Righteousness You Probably Don ...
https://becomingchristians.com/2017...of-self-righteousness-you-probably-dont-know/

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
And now the name calling begins.... not much suprise there.

·
Premium Member
13,315 Posts
Cuomo is talking about his families sausage and meatballs in the old days in his daily CV news conference...Although I love Italian food, this is a little too much on the "touchy feely" side for me :).

·
Registered
703 Posts
Exactly. And now Trump says he's considering a quarantine of NYC and NJ...

Where are all of the "Don't Tread on Me" folks now?????
I brought this up weeks ago when there was first talk of travel restrictions and lockdowns.... and the response here was "meh..." However, NICS gets shut down, and everyone flips a lid....

Rather Animal Farm-esq... "All rights are created equal- but some are more equal than others".

If you're not willing to make some noise about ordered lockdowns (with criminal sanctions for violation), and closed interstate borders, you've lost all credibility on any Constitutional issue- including the 2A. You've forfeited your opinion....
‘Rather animal farm-esq’........ care to whine about name calling still?

Watch that first step off your very tall horse......it’s a lulu.

·
Premium Member
13,315 Posts
Anecdotally, my Dads VA appointment for his Oncologist was cancelled. It has not been re-scheduled at this time.
What do you think cancellations like that are going to do to elderly Veterans dealing with chronic health issues?
I am in the same boat, Veteran, over 60+, and on chemo since 2007...It depends on your Dad's condition. If it is just a routine check up and he is doing well, I would look at it as a blessing. You don't want your Dad to go anywhere near the Health care establishment right now if he doesn't need to...If he is struggling with something and needs to see a doctor, then I do understand your concern.

My next appointment with my Hematologist-Oncologist is in May, I am doing very well, so I have NO intention of going in for a routine check-up and taking the risk of getting CV. A lot of risk, little reward. The nurse told me over the phone this week that my Doctor is now (due to CV) doing video exams over the internet for those who want them. I still think it is unnecessary, but am willing to play ball with the Dr. if it makes him happy as there is no risk, the man has to eat after all ;-)...So if your dad is having issues maybe they might consider doing something like this for him too? Can't hurt to ask.

·
Premium Member
7,331 Posts
The official word from RI is there isn’t going to be any border stoppages of NY cars.
It seems Cuomo's threat of a lawsuit carried some weight in the decision.
Strong suggestions of social distancing, appropriate travel and self quarantine are still the order and gold standard, Right NOW...;).

·
Registered
758 Posts
Rather Animal Farm-esq... "All rights are created equal- but some are more equal than others".

If you're not willing to make some noise about ordered lockdowns (with criminal sanctions for violation), and closed interstate borders, you've lost all credibility on any Constitutional issue- including the 2A. You've forfeited your opinion....

Law-abiding comes with being what and who we are, as a group.

If this goes on for another month... people will make noise, guaranteed. Most of them will be motivated by money - or lack of it.

But some will make noise because as you point out, this *is* unconstitutional BS.

The time is coming. It won't be this week, it won't be next, but it'll be soon.

I'm already in a pretty gnarly mood about being told what not to do.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Cuomo is talking about his families sausage and meatballs in the old days in his daily CV news conference...Although I love Italian food, this is a little too much on the "touchy feely" side for me :).
yea, I saw that live. It was so awkward. I had to turn it off. He was complaining that borders where being closed to his people and I could not help but think... you essentially close your borders to me when I carry my weapons.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I get the whole constitution arguments. No I do not want my freedoms crushed. But if a temporary ban on people leaving NYC (my home town) will save lives then maybe it should be done. And I will explain my reasons.

I live in OH and we are in a 2 week essential travel only. I manage a big box auto parts store. We have had customers come in for stupid crap like air fresheners and floor mats. Why? Is it essential that you have new floor mats?

People are stupid and don't get that social distancing is helping to stop the spread. Religious freedom is a corner stone of our country but really 200 plus people in one room. Now is not the time for this kind of congregating.

Rather than passing out masks how about we hand out some common sense. If people would stop thinking about themselves and more about the greater good then maybe the light bulb would come on and they would skip sunday service for a few weeks. Educate the people without media frenzy and conspiracy then maybe they would do the social distancing without being forced by the government.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts