1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 147gr Bear Creek Moly bullets that are flat point. They are getting stuck on the throat of the barrel trying to come out of the magazine. Has anyone tried the Bear Creek Moly 135gr round nose or similar RN moly to know if they will work?

I tested some FMJRN and they were fine.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
After you shoot some more FMJ it may get better. polish your feed ramp, barrel throat, use some polish and a rag......no dremel......

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What polish is best? I have never had to do this with mu other guns, but they are XDm's and they run anything.

·
Premium Member
14,684 Posts
haven't used those particular bullets, Chris
but know mags can make a difference as well as tinkering with bullet seating depth .
Obviously sound loading principles apply.
example, seating deeper can raise pressures, so you should back off the powder charge and work up

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried loading real short with empty dummy rounds and still had the issue. Someone online said they had the 135gr round nose they will trade for my 147gr flat points. That is why I was asking about those. The mags are the new wilson 9mm 10rd mags with metal bases. They seem like really nice mags.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I use 147gr fp from Missouri bullets, works fine in my compact

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
type of magazine makes HUGE difference with reliability of 9mm 1911.
What type of mag do you have?

·
Premium Member
6,789 Posts
You can fart around for a long time trying to get a flat-point to feed - and eventually succeed, too.

Me, I'd ditch it and opt for RN - life's too short.

·
Registered
962 Posts
What polish is best? I have never had to do this with mu other guns, but they are XDm's and they run anything.
I just used some mother mag and wheel polish to do the hood and it worked well. Sat in front of the tv while the wife watched tv. Not that bad of a smell. Id give that a go if ya got some handy.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
You can fart around for a long time trying to get a flat-point to feed - and eventually succeed, too.

Me, I'd ditch it and opt for RN - life's too short.
There is always that option too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts