1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering my first DBL Stack and as a happy 3 time RIA single stack owner their dbl is on the list.
I would like to know if any of you DBL owners have had any problems with
LSWC ammo in them. For range use I don't want to shoot jacketed ammo.
I found that round followers in the single stack magazines took away any
problems they might have had.
Any info on the DBL stack would be appreciated.
Thanks Buzz

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
nmbuzz - I'm guessing you're referring to a .45 double-stack and I haven't even caught a glimpse of one of those. My Rock double-stack experience has been with the .22TCM/9mm and that has been very positive in either cartridge! As you may have noticed in other threads, the question of the TCM as a defensive pistol is quite a bone of contention but no one questions it's defensive firepower when set-up for niner-mike-mike. You have to change your zero when going to 9mm but fifteen rounds of JHP is a potent handful and the gun is heavy enough that recoil is a non-issue. But that frame is a considerable handful! I've put Hogue wrap-arounds on mine (stock grips suck very much thank-you) and I still tend to over-trigger (arthritic first joint in my trigger finger) so I'm looking for a long trigger for mine. I'd hate to spend a two-hour session hanging on to that brick-sized handle but then I'm old and creaky!
I hope you find a double-stack Rock to meet your needs, the search will be worth it!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I don't have a double stack but I do shoot 200gr swc bullets in my ria. But have tried 185gr and 230 fro bayou bullets and all run well. I also use a Hi-Tec coated bullets from bayou or SNS bullets. They run clean and don't lead even when pushed hard using hp38powder. I fully believe a ria 1911 in 45 will feed any bullet shape, even empty brass . Like others said the double stacks are a handful and not meant by most to hump it around ever day. I'll take a M&P 0r "gulp" glock if I want a double stack anything.

·
Registered
85 Posts
There are a couple threads about the guns already. I think a bunch of us rock heads are waiting for them to come out. I have a few alerts for when they come in stock. The decision will be 45 or 9, he'll maybe even both.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts