1911Forum banner

RIA Differences Questions

1947 Views 24 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Rusty Guns
I have been noticing on a few sites, like Gunbroker.com, that the Rocks vary. Case in point is one guy is selling NIB with 2 8-rounders while another guy's pistol only has 1. So are they being shipped now with 2? Or is this a indiction of older stock? Also, the grips are running WAY diff too.. like some <and personal favs> are almost a reddish color, like rosewood or cherry. But a few are looking rather cheesy with dull brown. Reminds me of that fake brown plastic wood look.:barf: Is this a clue to sloppy QC at the factory? I know these are low cost weapons, but man...at least there should be some consistancy, right?


Thanks for letting me ramble.. but the mag thing HAS been bugging me.. ;)
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Just got mine tonight, I got 2 mag's, 8 rounders, ordered several 7 rounders which I have heard work a lot better, We shall see.. She's a beaut eh!! Tag says mfg july 05..

 

· Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm..

So maybe the newer imports ARE coming with 2 mags..

And, yes, they do look mighty fine.. I keep flip flopping between one of those and a CD EFS.. doesn't matter, both will have to be special order from *laff* my LOCAL dealer.. 40 minute drive and nada but high end stuff in shop.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
RIA Magazines

I've got two Novaks 8-round magazines, they work fine in my current RIA. Have had problems with 7-round surplus USGI magazines (one floorplate just fell out while I was shooting--the surplus are the ones available on Ebay and other places as NOS/NIW with the part number on the floorplate--not good magazines, in my opinion). Picked up some Springfield 7-rounders, they worked great in one RIA, not so good in another one (wouldn't engage slide stop). Since the Novaks work fine, I'm looking for another one to give me three, and moving the Springfields to work with my USGI shooter and saving my WWII magazines for prosperity.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Only got one.

Hello, I only got one clip with mine. It was made 5/30/05 so should be new stock.It would of been nice to of gotten 2 clips. The grips are a real nice hard wood kind of red in color. I did have them clear coated from a friend that does auto body work. Gee do they shine and really shows the grain in the wood.
Sure has been a nice gun so far.
Don
 

· Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts
Does the dealer you got it from "just happen to have" some matching spare mags? If so they probably came with two mags and the dealer removed one to sell for extra profit!

--wally.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wally_666 said:
Does the dealer you got it from "just happen to have" some matching spare mags? If so they probably came with two mags and the dealer removed one to sell for extra profit!

--wally.

I had considered that.. just wasn't going to voice it.. hate for some dealer to start yelling at me.. ;)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
I purchased an Armscor M1911-A2 (hgih cap) that the dealer said only came with one mag. I questioned him on it, stating that Armscor's site states that the weapons come with 2. He snapped that, "Thats the way he got it." End of conversation about mags. I contacted Armscor here in the US and questioned them about it. They sent me an additional mag, no questions asked. I love their customer service! :rock:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Hi all,
New to 1911's and new to this forum. I bought my RIA yesterday, 12/3/05. The date was 9/23/05. It only had one 8 rd. mag.
Love it! :)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,429 Posts
TxStorm said:
So maybe the newer imports ARE coming with 2 mags..

And, yes, they do look mighty fine.. I keep flip flopping between one of those and a CD EFS.. doesn't matter, both will have to be special order from *laff* my LOCAL dealer.. 40 minute drive and nada but high end stuff in shop.
Go with the Armscor, you won't be sorry. I have a CD that works just fine, but I kept on hearing some not so nice comments about their customer service. It might become a major pain should you need it.
' better play it safe.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,414 Posts
I think we used to give two mags years ago ( Before my time). Some companys will give two mags as an incentive for the dealers to buy. I don't think that will happen much anymore, As I'm back ordered until middle of next year!(1000+) So much for our "Cheap Pistols".
Ivan
 

· Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts
blackdragon said:
I think we used to give two mags years ago ( Before my time). Some companys will give two mags as an incentive for the dealers to buy. I don't think that will happen much anymore, As I'm back ordered until middle of next year!(1000+) So much for our "Cheap Pistols".
Ivan
Great guns at great prices, what else did you expect? Took a while for the word to get out, but good or bad, it does eventually. Keep the Armscor enhanced models comming and you may do to Kimber what Kimber did to Colt.

--wally.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
jgillaspy said:
I purchased an Armscor M1911-A2 (hgih cap) that the dealer said only came with one mag. I questioned him on it, stating that Armscor's site states that the weapons come with 2. He snapped that, "Thats the way he got it." End of conversation about mags. I contacted Armscor here in the US and questioned them about it. They sent me an additional mag, no questions asked. I love their customer service! :rock:
What brand did they give you? are all Armscor 1911-A2 mags that comes wit the box made by Megcar?
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top