1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All parts original other than the Wilson trigger and the Larry Davidson thin grips. And the thumb safety.

If anyone is interested there are more pics in the RIA sub forum.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys,
Infidel525 it is a .45.

JM

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Would enjoy reading details of your changes...maybe a why on the serrations at the front back of the normal places. Was the top of the slide just set off by French borders? Novel neat slide shape.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Would enjoy reading details of your changes...maybe a why on the serrations at the front back of the normal places. Was the top of the slide just set off by French borders? Novel neat slide shape.
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=402619
JHP147, here is the link to some more pictures.

The front strap actually has 30 lpi checkering on it. My photography skills
are not that great. The rear has 30 lpi serrations so as not to snag. A small round butt on the rear and then sniper grey and black graphite cerakote. All the other modifications are what I have seen on other custom guns and I wanted to incorporate in to this one. Tried to keep the cost down on the parts so I used all that I could that was on the pistol when I purchased it. I really like the flat trigger so I had to change it, I had a sti thumb safety so I was able to utilize it and then thin grips since it is a carry gun.

·
Premium Member
7,079 Posts
That's some righteously awesome work John McKenzie!
Top of the heap machine work for sure coupled with great hand work.

One bitch though.......bevel the bottom of the grips.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Thanks you for the one "bitch" sir. It now has beveled bottom grips and it do look better!!

JM

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
At first I thought it was a Sig.... Man-O-Man!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Sweet! I'm going to have to print the pics and hang them in my shop! I have a RI Compact on order as we speak, so this is a GREAT inspiration! The finish was the first thing to catch my eye, the grips were second.

·
Banned
7,730 Posts

That is very nice work!

Now, I have been looking for someone with grip bottom beveling experience, or in the alternative, mag well blending.:hrm:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts