1911Forum banner

3181 - 3200 of 3527 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
My new Rock!!! Already changed the grips, tore it down and removed all the oily substance from the factory, lightly oiled it, even added a little bling on the barrel.
One thing I don't like is the open ended spring plug, would prefer a regular one.
Anyone wanna trade me a reg spring plug for the wooden grips that came with it?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Nice looking firearm. If it doesn't have a bull barrel or flgr you can get several types and styles off ebay for cheap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It has the regular barrel, no reaming on the end...
It's a FS 5", just with my handicap, I need a little help keeping it from walking up, hence the 'compensator'.
I have been accumulating 'Wilson' parts to put into it, but am gonna run about 5-600 rds thru it first to get it settled.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My new Rock!!! Already changed the grips, tore it down and removed all the oily substance from the factory, lightly oiled it, even added a little bling on the barrel.
One thing I don't like is the open ended spring plug, would prefer a regular one.
Anyone wanna trade me a reg spring plug for the wooden grips that came with it?

If I'm reading this correctly, you have a full length guide rod. In order to use the standard (G. I./closed) plug, and I'm not even sure you can with the comp., you need the shorter, G.I. guide rod.It's available, very reasonably, at the Armscor site.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Well, I finally finished my customized TCM. It started as a regular full-sized combo .22TCM/9mm pistol bought in November of 2012. I've converted it to a FLGR with a stainless carry-bevel bushing and long-nose spring plug by EGW, a Gun Craft mag release and square trigger. The slide stop and grip safety are polished RIA. It also has a Wilson Combat Wide-Paddle thumb safety and the Wilson stainless MSH sits between Hogue wrap-around grips with inset TCM and 9mm caseheads.
The front sight has been reshaped and polished and the main sight is a Bushnell First Strike reflex on a modified EGW Docter sight base. The stock hammer has also been recontoured and polished. The frame is finished in Burnt Bronze Cerakote and the slide done in Barrett Bronze Cerakote.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Looks great. Really like that mainspring housing too. Looks really nice on there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Newbie had some Rock Island fun yesterday after work.

Just picked this 9mm up Wednesday and have some Hogue grips on it. Grabbed 2 extra mags too.

Pleased with it for sure. Great shooter. Attached below are the first three 9 shot groups I got at 7 yards (standard B27 target). Not too awful bad I guess, as I am a fairly new shooter...started in December 2014.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Fellow's I am new here well not really new.I was a member for many years and forgot my login.I know that sounds pretty stupid but I have developed an incureable disease called ms.Anyway my name is mike and I wanted to introduce myself to you because I can't find the page where to do it not yet at least.Those are really nice 1911's you have posted.As soon as I figure out and remember how to post I will post mine too tho I only have 1 1911.But I have other toys I would like to post also since it's few times I am able to shoot them,so when you all go to the range will you but one in the 10x forme.
Thanks for reading this guys.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Fellow's I am new here well not really new.I was a member for many years and forgot my login.I know that sounds pretty stupid but I have developed an incureable disease called ms.Anyway my name is mike and I wanted to introduce myself to you because I can't find the page where to do it not yet at least.Those are really nice 1911's you have posted.As soon as I figure out and remember how to post I will post mine too tho I only have 1 1911.But I have other toys I would like to post also since it's few times I am able to shoot them,so when you all go to the range will you but one in the 10x forme.
Thanks for reading this guys.
Welcome back Mike. One 1911 is all that is needed to show us.:)

3181 - 3200 of 3527 Posts