1911Forum banner

RIA picture thread!!!

1809846 Views 3720 Replies 1531 Participants Last post by  tonyboo109
:rolleyes:
Reactions: 1
3661 - 3680 of 3721 Posts
Ya still waiting on bushings, have ordered from a second vendor as well.

Madder than a wet hen.

Frame and slide rusted / pitted so not to worried about any value lost for a refinish, it's shot.

It's a learning experience.
Has got me having fun with handguns aga
Reactions: 1
Here is my newest RIA, in all honesty it seems a lot better built than the earlier government model I had.
M
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory
See less See more
  • Love
Reactions: 5
Back in March I picked up this RIA 9mm M1911-A1GI FS model. Since then I've added Hogue grips, WC Beavertail, WC Hammer & Strut, Curved Mainspring Housing, and some MecGar mags.
I just recently installed and sighted-in this Crimson Trace CTS-1250 red-dot. I'm really liking it so far.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Machine gun

Photograph White Light Product Black

Gesture Gun barrel Wood Thumb Trigger

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Machine gun
See less See more
Reactions: 4
Back in March I picked up this 9mm A1FSGI model. Since then I've added Hogue grips, WC Beavertail, WC Hammer & Strut, Curved Mainspring Housing, and some MecGar mags.
I just recently installed and sighted-in this Crimson Trace CTS-1250 red-dot. I'm really liking it so far.
View attachment 645785
View attachment 645787
View attachment 645788
The red dot install , did you replace the rear sight with an adapter?
The red dot install , did you replace the rear sight with an adapter?
Yes I sure did.
SAMTEC 1911 Sight Mount Plate... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QNVS4G2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Light Product Black Electronic instrument Audio equipment

Blue Coil Circuit component Electrical wiring Gas
See less See more
@Capt. Killingfield, The mounting instructions say this: Caution -- Tisas duty 1911 and RIA are not suitable

Did you have any issues?
@Capt. Killingfield, The mounting instructions say this: Caution -- Tisas duty 1911 and RIA are not suitable

Did you have any issues?
I saw that as well, but an Amazon reviewer owning an RIA 1911 GI proved it successful, so I tried it.
I did not have any real issues, except for the filing down of the dovetail mount (not the actual plate) so that it would fit into the slide, which was totally expected. I used a flat hand rasp laid down on my coffee table.
Maybe RIA's need a little more filing than others? Maybe they want to avoid confusion with Novak vs GI?
BTW...I used Loctite on all hardware. I marked the screwheads to watch for walk-out. Holding zero after 100 rounds fired. Everything staying tight so far..
Reactions: 2
The rest of my rock collection. Don't be jealous! :D
10mm
Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory Trigger Air gun

Commander .45
Wood Gun accessory Hunting knife Everyday carry Wood stain

Air gun Wood Gun accessory Trigger Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Wood Air gun Wood stain Gun accessory Trigger

Attachments

See less See more
Mine is a Cimarron Arms (Armscor) version of the 1911. I got it from a police officer who said he hadn't shot it and wanted to move it along. I've had it for over a year and haven't shot it either. I bought it to honor my maternal grandfather who was an infantry Sgt. in the Battle of the Meuse-Argonne in WWI. So far it's just been a display piece when not in the safe.

Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory
See less See more
My first automatic and I'm loving it so far. Replaced the grips so it would look like the gun Vincent Hanna (Al Pacino) carries in Heat. What kind of ammo is best for personal defense and what type is best for range shooting?

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory
See less See more
...What kind of ammo is best for personal defense and what type is best for range shooting?

View attachment 653610
Nice pistol! Heat is a classic.
Standard ball for the range.
I once bought 150rnds of Speer Gold Dot hollow points from a local cop, fwiw. It was his leftover practice range ammo. I guess they seem to like it. But that's 9mm so...
Which Rock is that? Officer?
My first automatic and I'm loving it so far. Replaced the grips so it would look like the gun Vincent Hanna (Al Pacino) carries in Heat. What kind of ammo is best for personal defense and what type is best for range shooting?

View attachment 653610
First off it's not an "automatic" it's a semi-auto unless something illegal was done to the pistol to make it a full auto............
As for best self defense ammo, you'll probably get a few opinions on that. Range ammo? You'll get a myriad of personal choices recommended. Best to try out different manufacturers and make up your own mind.

View attachment 653610
I’m likin’ that automatic pistol !!!

Blue steel & ivory is a great combo

I favor Winchester Ranger HPs for carry and same weight fmj for practice

Footwear Leg Sleeve Handgun holster Waist

///
See less See more
Reactions: 2

View attachment 653610
Nice looking Rock!!!!

I shoot most any ball ammo for the range, personal defense, I really like 230grn hollow points!
It's a boy!

Proud daddy 10mm posing with the newest family member in. 380. The baby is fresh from the plastic wrap womb and still covered in goo, lol.

Air gun Trigger Wood Line Gun barrel
See less See more
Reactions: 3

This RIA 10mm belongs to my brother. He asked me to install a shorter standard trigger per his preference. A Remington trigger from CDNN fit the bill just fine. This rapid fire group was just test firing by me. He shoots it much better!
We paid hard earned money back in the day to get our Colt 1911s to where this pistol already is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See less See more
Reactions: 3

View attachment 653610
Where did you get those grips. I like em

This RIA 10mm belongs to my brother. He asked me to install a shorter standard trigger per his preference. A Remington trigger from CDNN fit the bill just fine. This rapid fire group was just test firing by me. He shoots it much better!
We paid hard earned money back in the day to get our Colt 1911s to where this pistol already is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a badass looking 10mm. I may need to pick one of those up. I love 10mm, but don't have a 1911 in it, so ......payday is looking good :LOL:
3661 - 3680 of 3721 Posts