1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to purchase a full size RIA (good deal at $275) and would like to swap the sights. The only sights I've seen for a series 70 that don't appear to require gunsmithing were on the Ed Brown Products website (www.edbrown.com part number 1601). Does anyone have experience with these or any other seires 70 after factory sights? I'm looking for a moderate improvement without paying more than they're worth for installation.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Check out Kings for sights. You can get a tool to install the front sight for about $20, the sights themselves are around $35 if I remember right. They have a few styles to choose from and all are an improvement, I got the combat sights and I like em fine. I have put them on my Colt mod 70 and Springers. They are different size tenons so ask what size you need.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Lpa

I put a set of LPA low profile sights on my RIA. All I had to do was open up the rear dovetail very slightly and then tap the sight in. I left the RIA factory front sight on and it shoots fine. I don't seem to have a problem picking the small front sight up and it is nice and smooth and doesn't snag at all. The adjustable sights are nice considering I have a bad habbit of testing different loads all the time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a set of MGW 3 dot sights put on mine and they made a world of difference. The original sights were just too tiny for me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i've got a set of Millett .185 3 dot sights..the front WAS a stake on, two of them blew off after about a hundred rounds each. they sent me a Dual Crimp front sight. the smith drilled two holes and set them for me. almost a thousand rounds later, no problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts