1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw this stuff and was thinking of using it on my M1A and 1911's (Blued and stainless). I have no experience with this product. Thanks for the help.

SFB

·
Registered
140 Posts
I use it with a Rigs Rag and wipe down all my guns immediately after shooting or handling them. It seems to work and am pleased with the condition of my firearms. If there is something better, I'd be glad to hear it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I love the stuff! I've been using Rigg(sp?) for about 15 years with absolutely no problems at all. My personal preference is to use it primarily on firearms that I know will see little or no use for awhile. I can tell you from personal experience that if you want trouble-free storage of a gun, put a coat of Rigg on a clean dry gun and put it up and forget about it.
Now on guns that I shoot regularly I prefer a light oil just because I don't like handling the super greasy guns coated in R.
I had wondered whether or not anyone else uses R. as it seems to have a low profile in the shooting world.
Take care ~45nut Sam

·
Registered
843 Posts
It's good stuff. About 25 years ago I coated several guns with Rig and stored them in my father's attic for three years. When I returned from overseas, all the guns were in top notch condition. No rust or corrosion at all.-TR

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
This is good stuff, the only drawback is that it is thick and wont flow but if you want long term storage protection Rig is good. R-I-G Rust Inhibiting Grease.

I use Corrosion-X after each time I handle my guns, this is great stuff too, and it really works.

------------------
No man is above the law and no man is below it. Nor do we ask any mans permission when we require him to obey it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts