1911Forum banner

right to bear arms 'outside your home'

2K views 44 replies 24 participants last post by  nod 
#1 ·
Senate Republicans introduced legislation codifying the right of Americans to both own guns and use them for self-defense outside the home on Thursday.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., announced the legislation alongside fellow members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, saying they intended to codify the court rulings in two key gun rights cases into law.

The cases, Washington, D.C. v. Heller and New York State Rifle and Pistol Association v. Bruen, found, respectively, that Americans have an individual right to bear arms irrespective of participation in a militia, and that they have the right to carry firearms outside their homes.

"There's nothing in the Second Amendment about ‘You can own a gun in your home and nowhere else,’" Graham said in a press conference announcing the legislation.
Senate Republicans introduce bill codifying right to bear arms 'outside your home'

#32 ·
I am so sick of all these bills 'permitting' us to do simple common sense things. Where else would one "bear arms" if not outside the home? Inside the home you're just "keeping arms". Another do nothing bill by a do nothing loathsome RINO Lindsay Graham.

There is no legislative solution to our problem, not in the long term.
could not disgree with you more.

#4 ·
"Senate Republicans introduced legislation codifying the right of Americans to both own guns and use them for self-defense outside the home on Thursday."

Why only on Thursday? Right now I carry my hand gun outside my house every day of the week that I want to. Not just on Thursdays. If this passes both houses and is signed into law by Demented Joe, is Thursday going to be the Federal National Carry Your Gun Outside Your House Day?

#38 ·
You'd rather have another dum-o-crat instead??

#6 ·
So Lying Lindsey and Shifty Schumer go out for ice cream as they often do after arguing in front of the cameras.

Lindsey says "You know Chuck it's time I put forth something that will make me look good to constituents, it's been a while and some of them actually have started to realize just how full of crap I really am."

Chuck looks over his glasses and says "I think your right Lindsey some of your constituents do realize you're full of crap. It just might be time for you to put out piece of legislation, heck we both know nothing pro gun will pass why don't you go that route. It will give the media some fodder and it will give some of your voters hope that you're not a total horses behind.

Of course there are still those who really know what a lying POS you really are but hey that's what we do best. We couldn't make it if we actually had to work for a living. Hey, we should ask Mitch to come with us tomorrow and put it on his expense account."

Sure Chuck, anything you say."

#7 ·
When it comes down to it, the Republicans are worse than the Democrats. Right or wrong, Democrats are ideologues. Republicans, on the other hand, are idiots! Were the roles reversed in this scenario, and the Democrats were the ones defending the 2A, they would be going straight to heart of the matter and fighting tooth and nail to dismantle everything they viewed as going against the 2A - as they do with everything that challenges any their progressive dreams. Republicans, sadly, settle for half-heartedly pushing half-baked, ineffectual wastes of time and still manage to get trounced at every turn by the leftists. It's beyond disheartening, it's downright disgusting.

#12 ·
Unfortunately, though, the Jackass Party members are American communists with the goal of destabilizing, dismantling, and destroying the entire Constitution. Because they are the domestic enemies noted in the Constitution. Like it or not the Republican party is the only viable party to defend the country against annihilation by the communist Jackass Party. I do agree, though that many Republicans are weak, milque toast, pathetic losers. Like Joanie Ernst, John Cornyn, and any other Republican that refers to the communist demokrats as their friends across the aisle. That's like calling Xi Jin Ping our friend in Asia, when he hates us and our country because we stand in his way regarding his ambitions of world conquest and enslavement. You're also correct that Demokrats are united and staunchly single minded in their hate for our country and our way of life. Even the so-called moderate ones like Joe Manchin who vote lock step when it comes to wielding their power when it comes to confirming or denying Supreme Court and other appointed positions. Even if it means confirming an unqualified, biased, bigoted activist judge to the federal and Supreme Court bench.

Unless you're a turncoat like Mitt Romney, Lisa Murkowski, Liz Cheney, or Adam "Cry Baby" Kitzinger (who aren't really Republicans in their true ideologies), the other so-called Republicans are weak and pathetic. There are however, some good ones like Ted Cruz, John Kennedy, Rand Paul, Steve Scalise, Lauren Boeberg, and a few others.

#10 ·
The Bruen decision was supped to be the one to codify legal carry outside the home. We've all seen how well that worked. Now in NY and CA you can carry outside the home, but not once you reach the sidewalk. Some improvement.

#35 ·
Isn't your home your property too, aka your homestead.

See, the lefty jerks and courts are maneuvering around ill defined contexts.

Home or Homestead
Public vs Private

etc etc.

Examples:
There's really no such thing as a "home". There's house, and there's homestead. Just a house is like housing, like apartment, etc. Then you have homestead where your housing in on your property. And yeah, leasing and renting is a gray area.

Public space and private space is clear, regardless of "private" company. Walmart stores are public space when open for business, public can walk right in. Unlike say Costco where you need membership to enter.

So, the 1st step is really to codify these meanings, and from there crafting of laws becomes more clear, and in some cases like CA BS, makes it harder for CA to say "outside your house up to the sidewalk". Bruen really meant to say "outside your homestead", but they did not use words like "house" or "homestead", they said "home", the worst of all the words to use.

The word "home" has been manipulated as synonym in the dictionaries. "home" comes from meaning of "location", a location on a map (I am going home), and things like process of "homing", meaning to go-to the "home" location, "homing device", "to home the print head", etc etc.

I have a State contact in AZ I am working with on this issue. Fixing has to start somewhere. ;)

#11 ·
I hear next month they are proposing a bill to "allow" you to speak your mind outside your house.:ROFLMAO:

Seriously, I appreciate the sentiment in any pro-2nd amendment measure, but restating what is in the bill of rights (albeit in terms of the gov't 'allowing' rather than recognizing a right) is ridiculous.

Good grief, this is what they spend our tax dollars on? Well, it is marginally better than spending our money on arming warlords or developing new ways to make people sick, I guess... but only marginally.

#13 ·
Not every traitor is "weak and pathetic" - quislings gotta' quiz. They are simply democrats wearing the enemy uniform. If they are reaching across, they need to be hanged - it's that simple. There is no damned way to "compromise" with the commies, and every.single.COMPROMISE in my lifetime has been a give-away and BOHICA - the ONLY clowns that come out ahead are the politicians, lawyers and commies. (Doesn't matter what happens, no banker or general or Ambassador or high-level bureau-rat is going to be wearing prison strips and stamping license plates)

It is way, way, waaaayyy past time to lose our sweet, kind & lovable demeanor's.

#14 ·
I thought that the law "codifying" that right WAS the 2nd Amendment!

#22 ·
Ever since Dept. of Education was established in 1979 by the Commiecrats, the skills to read such a simple collections of words as the BoR are simply not being taught anymore.

I was sheltered from all these shenanigans, as I grew up and did grade and high schools in Puerto Rico ('76 - '89), where they still taught how to do readin', writing' and 'rythmetic in two languages!

The first time I heard "microagression" and "implicit bias" was as I was leaving the usaf in 1999, they were already teaching this .. I don't know what to call it.. this falsehood. They were mandatory classes called "Sensitivity Training".

Today it has a different name. But back in 1999, it was already being forced into USAF personnel's minds. That was in no small part a catalyst for me to not re-enlist then -- I felt it smacked of Commie thinking. The other big factor was the Commiecrats under Clinton breaking up the USAF into "expeditionary units" which... from what I gather, backfired horribly. You can't house tankers and fighters and cargo birds in the same airplane patch, they have very different support requirements. This is why each base used to specialize on one or two aircraft types. I dunno if they continued that ill train of thought, but after 10 years I chose to not stick around for the Kinder, Gentler Military.

Now I look and it's unrecognizable to me, the military. The solider on the ground is fine. What happened to the leadership?!

Everyone that votes for a demokrat in this day and age isn't gullible. They're downright stupid.
There's another explanation: Brainwashed since birth, by media (legacy and "social") and schools and peers.

#16 ·
#29 ·
There is no need to "codify" that which has already been established in the U.S. Constitution.
All they need do is to present a bill that requires all political office holders to re-affirm the Oath of Office adn declare their recognition of the U.S. Constitution as the "Law of the land".
Then if they won't do it, or they vote against it, they are admitting they are in violation of their office, should immediately be brought up on impeachment charges, and they should be removed.

#34 ·
The problem with our government is a very common one that is universal. It's called corruption. It's something that the Bible describes when the Jews wanted to stop directly worshiping God and wanted a "king" (a human) with all of his human qualities (susceptibilites to corruption) to put in as a middle man to God. God warned us that man is corruptible and only God can rule fairly and justly.

Corruption is a universal condition with governments and politicians and people in general. That's why we have corrupt cops, corrupt politicians, corrupt judges, corrupt plumbers, lawyers, and garbage collectors. When I was in the Border Patrol and lived on the border in El Paso I got to know a common term that was part of the culture of people on both sides of the border. That term is called "Mordida." It means "bribe" and it is something that runs deep in the entire area. In the mere two years that I lived down there I came across or read about corrupt cops, corrupt Border Patrol agents, corrupt Immigration/Customs agents, corrupt politicians, and corrupt people in general on a much larger scale that I have ever been subjected in my entire life. It was culture shock to move there and see the sheer numbers of corrupt people there.

I remember watching a 60 Minutes episode back in the late 80's/early 90's that woke me up to the actual corruption in our Congress. I stopped watching 60 Minutes about 30 years ago when it became a communist propaganda mill just like all the other national news media. But, on this episode they interviewed a newly elected, young, Puerto Rican, demokrat congressman from NYC who was all excited to join congress and to help the people in his district. He said that he was excited to meet his demokrat heroes, until he did and they explicitly told him that he would vote only the way he was told to vote and not complain. Otherwise, they would black list him and he'd never serve on any committee his entire tenure. He said he felt like they were the Mafia. There was one demokrat that saw the actual truth about his Jackass Party. No doubt that some of this goes on in the Republican side as well, but, nowhere near as bad.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.