1911Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I received my Watch Six IWB, S-4C single mage pouch, and D-4C double mag pouch from Tony and the crew at Milt Sparks. I have to say the Watch Six appears to be the all around best IWB I have ever owned. The offset belt loop attachments make the Watch Six ultra concealable and very very stable. One of my qualms with the Summer Special design was that, over time, the belt loops would break in and let the gun and holster "rock" a bit on the belt. With the offset belt loops on the Watch Six this looks to be impossibility. With the outboard belt loops the heavy butt on a Government Model won't have the leverage to twist. The rig is super comfortable and as a bonus took almost no time to break in. Just a few draws and it was ready to go. Both mag pouches came just the way I like them TIGHT, and were fitted flawlessly to the belt. Bravo to the crew at Milt Sparks!!

[This message has been edited by A Johnston (edited 11-20-2001).]

·
Registered
210 Posts
Watch Six or VMII???

OK, how did you guys decide between the watch six & vm2? They appear to be the same holster. Is there a reason (besides $$) for going with one over the other?

Thanks,

/TCP

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TCPilot - The main reason I bought the Watch Six, as opposed to VM2, was because of how thin it is. The mouth on the Watch Six is not reinforced, the VM2 is. That made the choice easier for me, but I'll still probably end up ordering a VM2 for the same reason.... it’s reinforced mouth. The Watch Six is thin, even thinner than I expected. The result is absolutely NO holster signature whatsoever.

[This message has been edited by A Johnston (edited 11-20-2001).]

·
Registered
21 Posts
I picked the VM-2 because the mouth was reinforced. I did not want the holster collapsing after drawing the gun. I also went with the VM-2 because just about everyone on this group that had one, said it was the best (in many categories) holster they owned or tried. Although, I am sure that the Watch 6 is just as good.

Frog

·
Registered
691 Posts
I ordered the VM2 for the ability to tuck in a shirt. I should get it in another 3 weeks. If I start to think that the VM-2 has even a hint of printing, I'll order the watch-6 (and proceed to wait for 2-3 months.)

Hmm.... maybe I should order one now just in case. That seems like a skillful marketing ploy, drive up the waiting period just so the cost of an additional holster is inconsiquential compared to the wait. I'll have to write that down as one of the Ferengi Rules of Business.

------------------
-Electric Armadillo-
"You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend." - Yasir Arrafat (On going to war over religion)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Under an untucked shirt, the VM-2 does not print. I have not tried the clips which are designed to allow you to tuck your shirt in. However, I do not have much confidence that a full-sized 1911 can be fully hidden under a tucked in shirt. I’ll let you know later.

As for the gun printing, I find that the large grip of the Govt. model 1911 is a problem. The VM-2 does an excellent job of pulling the gun tight into the body. However, when I bend over, the grip will slightly print through thin fabric. Some of this problem may be resolved by slightly shifting the holster either forward or backward. I’ll experiment with this.

The bottom line is that the VM-2 does what it is supposed to do. It is a comfortable way to carry a concealed gun. I heartily recommend the VM-2. As I said earlier, I would expect any Milt Sparks holster to be well made and function as advertised.

Frog

·
Registered
352 Posts
Frog,

Rather than bending over, bend at the knees. I would have said, "squat", but on this forum, didn't really want to go there. The feedback, I'm sure, would be overwhelming.

------------------
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you."-- Benjamin Franklin

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by ~/|ristotle:
With a VM-2, are we likely to see Frog Morton On The Town?

I see you are from Missouri, do I get bonus for the pipe smokers club?
Not Missouri. MI is Michigan. The moniker is from the first really excellent pipe tobacco i ever smoked. But Frogmorton is also a town in the Shire. Since I am also a big fan of Tolkien, the name was appropriate. So you don't get full bonuses.

I haven't tried F M on the town. Any good?

Frog

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by Doug in Alaska:
Frog,

Rather than bending over, bend at the knees. I would have said, "squat", but on this forum, didn't really want to go there. The feedback, I'm sure, would be overwhelming.

You're right. I am still learning about how to effectively conceal. Bending over and squating are best done in private. I will strive to bend at the knees when in public.

Frog

·
Registered
72 Posts
Originally posted by Frog Morton:
I haven't tried F M on the town. Any good?
Heh, I'm guilty of being off topic, but Frog Morton On The Town is pretty good. Same blend as the original but more Oriental to mellow it out and sweeten it only slightly. Sorry for my unfamiliarity with the abbrev.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Guys, thanks for the advice....I like the idea of a reinforced holster mouth, and I am also intrigued by the clip/tuck in shirt method.

I think I'll order myself a VM2.

When you're 6'5" and wear about an acre of fabric as a normal wardrobe, a puny fullsize 1911 doesn't seem to hard to conceal...

/TCP

1 - 14 of 14 Posts