1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well gentleman, it looks like this time tomorrow things will be pretty exciting around TX/LA. Just wanted to drop a line and tell everyone in the "blast" zones good luck and to stay sharp. I'm riding it out on the north side of Houston. I'm okay on supplies, so if I can just make it thru this deal without spilling too much beer I'll be allright. LOL! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
good luck to you, you have 1 thing more going for you than NO... do do not live under sea level.. here in FL we are pros at this now.. unforcunatly and yep i cant spell :biglaugh:

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Folks, if you feel the need to discuss Rita, THIS will be the only thread allowed on this off-topic subject.

All other threads/posts will be deleted as off topic.

·
Registered
46 Posts
From NW Fla.

Good luck to ya'll in Rita's path. Just came back from security work in NOLA and besides the basics (food water etc.) ----have guns and ammo and beware of the police depts. They're not all thugs but just be aware that more than you could ever believe, ARE !!---------

·
Registered
734 Posts
Don't really know why anyone who is in the direct path of a hurricane wouldn't clear out of the way for a day or so but anyways good luck to any in her path!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Didn't even hit home. It did tear through my Grandparent's area, so I may be putting in for emergency leave - I'll know by tomorrow. Who'd have thought I'd spend 8 months in Iraq, come home on R&R, and evacuate 2 days later. Honestly, I wouldn't have left if my Mom hadn't been freaking out - my brother lost his place in Katrina.

I'm heading back to Katy today.

Anthony

·
Registered
396 Posts
NW Houston
We went to extended shifts.
Every agency around here had trouble getting fuel for patrol cars. The planners didn't figure on that.

Worked 16 hours in one shift, what a mess. people were just silly all over the place.

Lots of things went right, lots went wrong. I hope the Emergency managers learned for the next time.

·
Registered
324 Posts
1. Thanks to the Mods for letting this thread ride.

2. Y'all out in E. Texas be careful. Rita is supposed to stall around Paris. DFW hasn't gotten a drop of anything yet.

Brian

·
Registered
388 Posts
We suffered some damage to our lake house and rent houses in invanhoe/woodville and we're unsure how our house faired in beaumont. I don't think they'll be letting anyone in for atleast a couple days since they are still evacing people.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
We managed to get to DFW on Wednesday, the day before the major traffic jam started. We talked to a neighbor who stayed put and our house is fine. My father-in-law lives on Bolivar penninsula across from Galveston. We don't know about his beach cabin yet, and they probably won't let him go back home for several days.

Now we are just waiting around DFW until we can get back home without being in a major traffic jam and risk running out of gas. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Just got a call from my parents in invahoe/wooville.

Looks like we lost at least 2 of our rent houses and my mom's suburban is totaled.

I'll be loading up wednesday morning and heading back to beaumont to see how things are out there.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thank you for the kind thoughts.

I'm in Montrose, with a fairly new townhouse; I made it through with VERY slight damage - as in one of my wife's potted plants sacrificed itself to the wind gods. Good luck to the resopt of our local brotheres and their familys.

JeffVN

1 - 15 of 15 Posts