1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
ZT 0560 Texas Ranger Knife

I purchased a ZT 0560 knife a few months ago and wanted a custom scale made for it. I'm not a Texas Ranger but I'm from Texas and have been fascinated with their history for some time. I knew Ron would be able to make me a super nice scale for it and I was not wrong.

I've heard it stated here, but I have to add from my own personal experience here. I sent Ron the scale on my knife and a sterling silver Texas Ranger medallion. I sent him some ideas for the design and when my number came up (not too long of a wait) he emailed me a design for review. I really liked the original design but I wanted some writing on the scale so I sent him 2 messages. He was patient with me (thanks Ron) and added the shorter note "One Riot. One Ranger" on the scale design. The message really detracted from the dimensional stars that are embedded in the scale.

From design and approval it only took a few days to produce it. I blinked and it arrived nicely packaged at my front door.

When installing my new scale I noticed the strict tolerances of the screw holes. I like knowing those screws are not going to loosen unless I loosen them myself. What I also noticed is the much better grip on the knife. I can pull it from my hip pocket much easier vs with the original or carbon fiber scale I bought. I bought the orange scale to have one on the knife while the original scale took a trip to Ron's place.

I took some pics of my knife finally dressed. I really love the new look. The only thing I need to do is replace the 3 original screws with some I am having a Black-T gloss black finished put on them to match the gloss black pivot screw with the same finish.

I hope you enjoy the pics. Thanks Ron for a great job and your attention to detail. You are a master at what you do and took good care of me.

I will surely send you more work in the future and will be sending you some customers.

God bless you Ron.

Here are the pics:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thinking about a new set of grips for my upcoming WC CQB Compact with the magwell. The pistol is 9mm and on its way. I want to shoot it first to see how it feels. I like slim grips so I'm feeling I'll be coming your way soon. Take care and keep making masterpiece grips for us. God bless.

·
Registered
100 Posts
WOW! I've been waiting patiently for images of work previously commissioned by you. :) The detail and design is simply amazing! The Eagle Scout grips are awesome. I know the recipient of these grips will cherish them for years to come. God bless Ron!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wow Ron!

David S., I always admire your collection. Haven't posted yet, but I have a CQB Compact in 9mm that could be the twin to yours pictured in the upper right hand corner. Haven't shot it yet and it's been over a month now since I got her.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ron, very, very, very nice!!!!!!! Your work is amazing--heirloom quality.

God bless you, yours and that wonderful talent you have.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ron, the detail on these latest posted grips is amazing! I like how you incorporated the eagle's head in the artwork.

Is there anything you can't do with a grip?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congrats Ron on being recognized for the fine work you do! I am looking forward to working with you on my next project! God bless!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.