1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 444 Posts

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
I just got a set of customs done by Ron and boy are they just gorgeous.
Those are sharp, I really dig the fact that the panels aren't narrow and that they cover the full width of the frame.

Wonder if Ron could duplicate a pair of Colt Wiley Clapp grips, thin and in G10? That would be hot.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Well I just saw this thread for the first time and went through it. I'm in a coolness overload daze right now.

Whatever machine you are using to do this, don't get your fingers in there.

Really nice stuff!!

BTW that faded green G10 will take dye to depth of .003 to .005 (or so.... don't quote me on that). So you can make them black or anything else that's darker than the original color.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just received my grips today!
They are awesome some really nice quality work and worth every penny!
Not able to post pics having a problem with my laptop. But I will get them up soon. Very happy customer.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
This is a bad pic but thought I would share a pair Ron made for my gf's P238. She is very happy with these Ron. Thank you again for them.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Great looking grips everybody! Ron is working on a set for me and I get really excited every time I browse through this thread.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Thank you remanez; if she's happy, we're both happy.

She is. I made them blue for her. We went back and forth on adding colors to the dragonfly but in the end she opted to just be blue like in the pic of her gun. I did take your advice and just rubbed it in rather than soaking them again. They took the blue much easier this time. Originally I had to soak them for hours for them to take the blue. Then it did not even go far enough in as you know.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Wow - beautiful stuff!! Just found this thread and sent Ron an email this morning with my ideas. Can't wait to hear back..................

201 - 220 of 444 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.