1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a couple of boxes of 150gr. for my 308 for deer hunting, anyone try this stuff yet? I am a firm believer in the soft point ammo for deer but this accupoint intriged me. So I branched out. Any opinions here?

·
Registered
308 Posts
It looks a lot like the ballistic tip from nosler. I have used those and they are great, but have little penetration. All of the deer I have seen shot with a ballistic tip died quickly, but the rounds failed to exit and broke up in the deer. Poor penetration and total core seperation. On deer it worked ok, but I wouldn't want to shoot anything bigger with it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Premier ACCUTIP

I was soooo glad to see thi question posted. my son and I were hunting (deer) around Hondo Texas last week end, I was using Remington premier ACCUTIP 130 gr. boat tail bullets. In .270 Win. On a buck @ 165 yds. broad side , heart shot. The bullet went in fragmented on a rib, jacket seperated from the core, core exploded,half of the core turned toward the rear of the animal, destroyed the internals (kinda like a gut shot) The other half of the core and the jacket passed thru the animal, And i found them in the inside of the elbow area as i was deboning the meat. Now as an avid hunter, I would honestly have to say that I would never use this bullet type on any game that i was going to have to clean and eat. The bullet was VERY destructive , almost EXPLOSIVE..........Never again Oh by the way , my son was using 100 gr. federal premium in .243 Win. and on an almost identical heart shot,his buck went down like it was hit with a ton of bricks. So if anyone is thinking about thease bullets for hunting,I would reconsider..........please feel free to post any reply's.:rock:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Accutips are great for punching paper with superior accuracy. If you want to kill something use Core-Lokt ammo from Remington. It can't be beat. JMHO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts