1911Forum banner

RO in 9mm

6K views 35 replies 26 participants last post by  Live2Ride 
#1 ·
Earlier today I stopped into a lgs and the guy said "look what we got".
It was a Springfield Range Officer in 9mm. Neither of us knew they were making them in 9mm and it isn't listed on their web site. It was $835 and this particular shot tends to be MSRP most of the time.

#3 · (Edited)
#5 ·
This one is likely still there. I'm not in the market for a target gun.
The trigger felt OK, but the slide felt a little rough but that might be the park.

#8 ·
One was posted on my local forum around midnight, it was sold when I saw it a few minutes ago. $729.00 +tax.

Good luck to those who wants one.

#12 ·
I will second the GOVT frame in 9-mil is pure heaven for range-play.....or SD with the right round. The price of 9-mil has not fallen back to the price it was prior to the panic, but it may sooner-or-later. If you reload....what the heck anyway. I just don't want a plastic or pot-metal 9-mil, or any other brand that shoots a 9-mil. I want my 1911 Springer that shoots 9-mil.:)

#13 ·
I also saw one of these 9mm RO's last Saturday at a gun show here in Raleigh, NC. It was marked $750 and it was definitely a 9mm. The trigger was VERY sweet. I passed (for now) because I wasn't really even considering a 9mm 1911, but the idea may very well grow on me.

Lou

#16 ·
Or shot-placement. Got lots of COP buddies. Two have confirmed clean kills. One was a head-shot on a perp that had a knife to a lady's throat. The other was a head-shot on a crazed Chinese cook with a meat-clever in his hand. Neither one got up and walked off....they were hauled away.

#17 ·
Not surprising that SA has done a 9mm RO considering how popular the 9mm Loaded Target is. Essentially they are the same gun except the RO is steel not SS and has no forward serrations or ambi safety.

#24 ·
Apparently, if a store orders a certain number of other Springfield models, they're allowed to get one RO in 9mm from the factory - at least, that's the story I got. I had the chance to play with one today - very, very nice. It's a good idea, given how the RO model in general has taken off. It's a great platform/caliber combination.

#28 · (Edited)
The 9MM has been uploaded in all sorts of ways....even an armor-piercing round. One can load the round up to something approaching or matching the 38-Super in performance.

I see no reason why one can't stick a 38-Super barrel in, modify/change the ejector and purchase some 38-Super mags. It's been done in the Colt both ways. 38-Super to 9MM and 9MM to 38-Super. If you trust the strength of the Springer platform.......no reason why it can't be done. I've gone from 38-Super to 9, but not the other way around and all it took was a drop-in 9MM barrel. The ejector was not changed and the Super mags worked. You'd have to get Super mags, because the longer Super will not load in the 9 mags.

Why one would want to do this I don't know. Just shoot 9MM +P and you're practically there already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.