1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. I just got this Champion about a month ago. Fit and finish is very nice. I did have to send it in the get some issues fixed. The trigger pull was heavy and like squishing a grape. It was shooting two inches high at seven yards. Feeding was fine but ejection was weak and erratic at best. The empty case would go about one foot out of the chamber.
This is a list of work done.
New lower rear sight.
Reamed barrel.
Refit barrel.
Refit extractor.
Polished bottom of firing pin channel.
New sear spring.
I used it today after the repairs and the trigger is so much better. Ejection is still weak. I'm looking for advise on the ejection issue. Could be ejector not be machined correctly? The only other 9mm to base it on is a Colt Defender. It will eject at 5 oclock about three feet behind me. I'm try to figure if the slide is to heavy and all 9mm larger than 3inch will not eject properly. I have no experience in this area. Thanks for the advise in advance.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I got my Champion 9mm about 3 months ago. I have shot 750 rounds through it. If the ejection is a foot out of the port personally I wouldn't worry about it. I am not concerned as long as the gun ejects the rounds.

Marty
A-7424

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've run Federal 115gr and some ZQ1. No fail to feed.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I get annoyed with trying to chase ejection issues so I just by AFTEC extractors for my 9mm 1911s now. Super consistent, and pretty strong. I haven't had one single FTE since I installed them.

·
Registered
347 Posts
My Champ had pretty much the same issues as yours. Sent it back for some trigger work and new sights, runs great now. It's a .45 though. Pretty awesome that SA will rework a new gun for free, got mine back in less than 2 weeks. I got new sear spring, disco, sear and a new rear sight. Mine was 8" high at 15 yds off the bench, now it's perfect. No ejection issues. My XDs 9mm throws the brass about 3ft to my right in a little pile, nice not to have to look to hard for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My RO Champ's trigger got better after a Colt mainspring and sear spring were dropped into the gun (Ed Brown MSH replaced SA ILS). Was very heavy before that. It did get much smoother after just two hundred rounds too. It is .45 ACP though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts