1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received email from Craig Wilkins to the following link posted by Jerry Hossom on KnifeForums. Kristine Simonich called Jerry to tell him Rob had been killed in an auto accident last night, on his way home from a hunt with his brother.

Right now I am just too much at a loss for words. I honestly don't know what to say. Here is the link:

http://www.knifeforums.com//ubbthre...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Bob Sigmon

·
Registered
42 Posts
God be with his family. I have talked with Rob twice in the last 3 months as I have ordered 2 sets of his gunner grips. He was so helpful on the phone and I love the grips. I also love the looks of his knives and had planned on ordering from him.

Even though I have never personally met him I have great respect for his talents and he will be greatly missed.

My condolences to his wife and family. God bless.

·
Registered
554 Posts
A great loss, and one fine fellow. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
I hope it's only a rumor, but condolences to his family and friends if not. Just this morning I mounted a set of black Gunners on a Colt. They've been in the bag for a month. Something made me get them out today.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Dammit, not again. Although the number isn't staggering or anything, we've lost WAY too many excellent artisans from this community.
I pray that we don't lose anymore craftsmen before their time. My condolences to family and friends.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Damn! He was a fine man and a fine craftsman. While I haven't ordered a set of his pistol grips, procrastination, I have long admired his knives and his honorable manners.

He will most definitely be missed. I pray for the family in this time of trial.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have not had the pleasure of meeting or talking to Mr. Simmonich, although I did plan on purchasing a set of his grips in the coming months.

Does anyone have any idea on how his contract with the Government will go concerning his grips that he sold for their new 1911's?

I sure hope this contract doesn't place his wife in a bind in anyway.

Rob, rest in peace!

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Deepest condolences to Rob's family and friends and also to his forum friends and customers. Indeed this is a great loss to all of us. His family can be assured of many prayers going out for them.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Rob was one of the good guys.
I am shocked and saddened by this - I have been off-line and unavailable for most of this weekend, and didn't find out until early this morning.
Rob, your spirit shines bright my friend. I miss you.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
A Terrible Loss

I never met Rob Simonich in person, but I did speak to him on a few occasions in the course of ordering some of his Gunner grips. He was quite engaging, and I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation. I had mentioned to him that during the first of two back-to-back IDPA matches I had seen a pair of them, and that I really wanted to get some for myself. I also mentioned that it was a shame that I wouldn't be able to get them in time for my next match. Rob's reply was, "Well, I normally don't offer overnight shipping, but I have to go into town anyways, so if you want I can drop them at FedEx for delivery tomorrow". True to his word, I had my grips by 10:30am the next day, in time to take to my next match.

The things that impressed me about Rob were his accessibility, his friendliness, and his commitment to his customers. Our interaction was fleeting, but certainly sufficient to convey the sort of man he was. I think I mentioned it in a thread on one of these forums at the time: I was impressed by his product, his service, and his humility. In my book, that's about as good a recommendation as a man can get.

To his loved ones, my heart aches for you today. I can only imagine what you must be going through. You and his brother, Tony, are in our thoughts and prayers, and I'd like to offer my condolences to you during this uncertain and sorrowful time. Please pass my condolences and encouragement along to Tony as well; his loss and his new challenges will be a terrible test for him, and he will need your love and support.

Godspeed, Rob. May we meet someday in the deer woods of Heaven.

Specialized

·
Registered
750 Posts
That's terrible, I never bought any of his knives or grips, but I always enjoyed looking at whatever he came out with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts