1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knifemaker and Gunner Grips maker, Rob Simonich has died in a car accident returning from a hunting trip?
I picked this up on the knife forums.
Sad.:(
Bill

·
Registered
295 Posts
sorry for the double post but. . .

Rob Simonich -- A terrible tragedy
I just received email from Craig Wilkins to the following link posted by Jerry Hossom on KnifeForums. Kristine Simonich called Jerry to tell him Rob had been killed in an auto accident last night, on his way home from a hunt with his brother.

Right now I am just too much at a loss for words. I honestly don't know what to say. Here is the link:

http://www.knifeforums.com//ubbthre...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Bob Sigmon

·
Registered
215 Posts
Very sorry to hear the news. I had spoken with him on the phone several times in the past. Always friendly...always willing to talk and spend time with you. I spoke to him and ordered a pair of his Gunner grips on Wednesday. I got them today in the mail. This set will be very special.

·
Registered
151 Posts
A terrible loss.
There is a line on his website that says that a message will be posted soon by his family

·
Registered
399 Posts
The message from Christine has been posted on his website.

My prayers go out to his family.

·
Registered
307 Posts
This is terrible. I have spoken with Rob many times in the past few months, and he was indeed a gentleman.

He will be missed.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm sorry, but the more I think about this, the most upset I become.

In the all too brief time that I knew him, Rob was a great guy. I wish to God I had gotten to know him better.

Why is it that the good guys are all taken from us too soon, while the assholes survive??!?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Here is the post:

Info from www.simonichknives.com

Message from Christine Simonich:

Hello dear friends,

On November 28, 2003, Rob Simonich passed away in a tragic auto accident when returning from a plentiful hunting trip with 4 deer.

I appreciate the heartfelt sympathies you have for me and Megan at this time. Rob was so special to all of us. We are overwhelmed with grief right now. Please pray for his brother Tony who is in critical condition.

I still need to jump through some hoops to get proper paperwork etc complete to bury Rob on private property. I don't expect any problems with this and expect plans to go as follows.

A traditional Indian burial service will be held for Rob, Saturday, Dec 6 at 11:00am south of Whitehall, Montana. From Whitehall, turn south on Highway 55 toward Twin Bridges. After about 5 miles look for "FOUR STAR BIG BEAR" signs as a guide to the burial site. A memorial/Feast (this is sacred time - blessed food - no booze or drinking during the Feast in respect to our Indian elder and the ceremony - drinking can come later in the evening please) will be held in Clancy at the Simonich home at: 97 Old Alhambra Road. following the burial service. It is expected to begin around 2:00pm.

For those who wish to give memorial gifts supporting four summer Horse Dance Ceremonies in Rob's memory can be sent to Christine Simonich PO Box 278, Clancy, Mt, 59634

With much love and wishes for safe journey to all of you traveling,

Christine

G

·
I'm going to sticky this post at the top of the page. PLease posts your comments and condolences.

My prayers go out to Simonich family.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts