1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using the Wilson Combat 10rd compact magazines in their ROC? If so how has function been? Also with the 8rd compact magazine I am assuming that is not flush fit, but how far does it stick out?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, I wonder if that is all 8rders like the Wilson Combat too, or just the Mecgars.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am really just trying to figure out what the options are. So far it looks like you have these options:

Flush fit 6rders - comes with two. Metalform?
Flush Fit 8rders - Mecgar
WC 8rders - flush fit or stick out a bit?
WC combat 10rders with base plate for over insertion, which my guess is are a regular govt size with a different base plate
Standard govt size 10rders - Dawson, Metalform, Tripp. With a slightly modified baseplate. I assume you are talking about something like this: http://www.trippresearch.com/store/store_1911.html

My daily carry is a LW Operator. I have a flush fit 7rd in the gun and carry a spare 10rd CMC and 8rd WC ETM. My thought with the Roc was, since it is for lower profile carry, a flush fit in the gun and one spare 10rder.

I guess while I am asking, I have no experience with slimline grips, but my understanding is that to use regular width grips I am going to have to change out the grip bushings. Is that correct?

·
Registered
593 Posts
I guess while I am asking, I have no experience with slimline grips, but my understanding is that to use regular width grips I am going to have to change out the grip bushings. Is that correct?

Not really. The standard grip screws get enough thread travel to hold - at least all my 1911's have for some years, so far.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
I am really just trying to figure out what the options are. So far it looks like you have these options:

Flush fit 6rders - comes with two. Metalform?
Flush Fit 8rders - Mecgar
WC 8rders - flush fit or stick out a bit?
WC combat 10rders with base plate for over insertion, which my guess is are a regular govt size with a different base plate
Standard govt size 10rders - Dawson, Metalform, Tripp. With a slightly modified baseplate. I assume you are talking about something like this: http://www.trippresearch.com/store/store_1911.html

My daily carry is a LW Operator. I have a flush fit 7rd in the gun and carry a spare 10rd CMC and 8rd WC ETM. My thought with the Roc was, since it is for lower profile carry, a flush fit in the gun and one spare 10rder.

Are you talking about the 9mm ROC or the 45 ROC?

The stock mags for the 9mm ROC are 8 rounds mags. My Colt Defender 9mm mags are also 8 round mags. The MetalForm 9mm officer mags I use for carry are also 8 round flush mags like the Colt and SA mags. Wilson does not make a flush 9mm officer mag. The closest you can got to flush with Wilson is the Lo-profile mags.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am not sure where I got the 6nd magazine being OEM for the 9mm. I must have been looking at the 45 version without realizing it. The two magazines that came with the gun are indeed 8rders and from checkmate. I also found WC magazines in a gun store. The compact 8rd fits almost flush with just a bit of bumper sticking out. The 10rdrs visually look identical to the Govt fullsize magazine, with a different bummer. It looks to be a sturdier arrangement than the older style with just the stop attached to the side of the magazine. I haven't had a chance to test the WC magazines, but so far the Checkmate ones have been reliable. I did put a bumper on one so it was easier to do a reload.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts