1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went by the local gunshop today just for fun. They had a rock island stainless 38 super that looked really good. The slide to frame fit was tight. Nice wood grips. I liked the fully supported chamber on the barrel. Don't know which of the two supported chamber types it is. I've seen them on gunbroker.com for about 350 to 400. The gunshop wanted too much in my opinion (479) but it looks like one I definitely will be looking for at the next gunshow or maybe via an auction site when I have the money. I've got 1911s in 45 and a AO in 10mm but have a hankering for 38 super! Wondering what ya'll impression of the RIA in 38 super is. If ya has one, let us know what it is like, how it shoots and any mods you've made to it. Pictures too!

Mel

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I have one:

they are in polished hard chrome, not stainless steel. Paid $399 for it on January 1st, this year. Great shooting gun. 38Super is very soft-shooting in the 1911. Haven't needed to make any mods, especially because of the finish. You won't be disappointed. :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts