1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rookie questions follow:
Saw ad in SGN for above for $229. Anyone have any experience? Advice?
now for the "dumb" question, drum roll please...
Are all "wide body" parts close to the same size, i.e. "drop in"?
Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Rock Island Arm is made in the Philippines by Arms Corp. Same company that makes Charles Daly. according to CD they have 99% compatibility to other brands like colt, springfield...

I dont know which is the other 1%

vega

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Are the frames and slides forged or investment cast? I'm looking for a close-to-original gummint, and the RIA 1911 shown on the ad in SGN fits the bill...(kudos to the Filipinos for making what looks like a fine piece...)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Sorry, I have to correct my reply. RIA is not made by Armscor. It is assembled by Twin Pines Corp., a local gun shop here in my place. Parts came from Brazil and USA. According to the company, parts that came from US is John Masen. Don't have info on Brazil parts.

I've been correcting my replies to other boards and forums, seems I overlooked this one. I hope this is the last one.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

vega

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vega, Thanks, your informative help is a great asset to these boards.
buk

Originally posted by vega:
Sorry, I have to correct my reply. RIA is not made by Armscor. It is assembled by Twin Pines Corp., a local gun shop here in my place. Parts came from Brazil and USA. According to the company, parts that came from US is John Masen. Don't have info on Brazil parts.

I've been correcting my replies to other boards and forums, seems I overlooked this one. I hope this is the last one.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

vega

1 - 5 of 5 Posts