1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Rock Island Armory .45 this morning from the dealer. This is my first foray into the 1911 world, but it probably won't be my last.

I mainly bought this gun to see if I'd enjoy shooting a .45 and I didn't want to drop $700 (or more) on a name-brand pistol if I didn't like the cartridge. I've never fired a .45 before, but I have plenty of experience with .38/.357, 9mm, and .40 handguns, so I thought I'd see what all of the fuss surrounding it was about.

All I can say is this: What the heck took me so long to find this cartridge? I thoroughly enjoyed firing this round, and the RIA launching pad I bought was, so far, a bargain. From a sandbag rest, I was able to put 6 out of 7 rounds through one ragged hole at 7 yards. Of course, I only put a box of ammo through it, so I'll reserve final judgement on the gun until I've fired about 10 times that amount, but today I'm happy.
DAL

· Registered
565 Posts
Tell us more about it after you put hundred/thousand rounds thru it. Just interested how it fare compared with CD. I bought .45 (my first) last gun show (Aug 01) but the dealer returned my money. I'll check my luck this Oct if they could deliver.

vega

· Registered
7,595 Posts
Welcome to whatever forum this is today and the world of 1911's. Keep us posted on the Rock Island pistol. I'll be interested in knowing how it works.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

· Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Tell us more about it after you put hundred/thousand rounds thru it. Just interested how it fare compared with CD. I bought .45 (my first) last gun show (Aug 01) but the dealer returned my money. I'll check my luck this Oct if they could deliver.

vega
The charles Daly's are RIA pistols with CD rollmark - and I bet it will be as much fun at 5000 as it is at 50 rounds:rock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.