1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new RIA Rock Ultra fs hc 10mm a couple of days ago, really like it, nice tight tolerances, trigger is light and crisp, so far it has run flawlessly. Id like to change the Ambi safety, i like a high grip hold, and the safety can be a little uncomfortable on the opposite side, since this is a double stack 10mm, will a standard 1911 non-ambi safety lever work to replace it, or does it need to be something made for a doublestack gun? it looks like it is the standard size, but not sure about the internal mechanism. I dont want to shave the factory lever in case i have to ever send it back for warranty service

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
272 Posts
I know this is an older post but I found that on mine, the slide stop and mag release are compatible with Para parts. Also that part of the frame is not wider than a single stack 1911 only the grip area is. If you're still looking or if others have the same Q I think it's worth looking into if you REALLY have to change the safety you could start with a cheap vanilla 1911 part and go to a Para if it doesn't work out.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I bought an %80 frame to build out. It's currently got a Wilson Combat wide ambi safety sitting in it. I had to nibble the leg on the right hand side that usually rests under a standard 1911's wood grips because of the mag well swell, and file the G-10 grip set set I bought from RIA to make room for the little bit of that leg remaining. Where there is a will, there is a way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts