1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an invite to try the Rogers shooting School's new carbine program today so I jumped at the chance to wack a few plates at the school.
Bill Rogers just got in a bunch of 9mm AR15s with Aimpoint M2 sights on them for a new carbine class.

Any way the class is a hoot and the test is a real chalenge. The test has 8 courses of fire and takes around 500 rounds on 9mm ball. The entire class is taught on Bill's moving plate system. The carbine program looks like it will be as good a program as his standard pistol program.
The school is locate in Elijay Georgia about 80 miles North of Atlanta
Andy Langley Bill's long time instructor ran the class. Andy is a great instructor and has years of experience.
If you need more drop Bill Rogers a line at

[email protected]
http://www.rogers-shooting-school.com/

·
Administrator
10,946 Posts
Is this a week long carbine program, or an extra that one can take in conjunction with the pistol class, like the shotgun class?
The test has 500 rounds? WOW! How many rounds would you go through for the entire course?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Tim

It is my understanding that they are going to offer it both ways in conjunction with the pistol course and as a stand alone course.

You shoot the test twice and have one practice run on each test . That made 500 rounds.

It is real fun to watch the shooters after their first run at the plates. everyone is grinning from ear to ear. Shooting the plates with an AR is just great fun.

Mike

·
Administrator
10,946 Posts
Shooting the plates with an AR is just great fun.
I've described shooting those plates with a shotgun as "cathartic" after spending the morning trying to hit them with a pistol. Watching the paint get blasted off of them and seeing them getting hammered down was a ton of fun.
Shooting them with a dot sighted AR sounds like a lot of fun, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.