1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have found this site very informative as I just purchased last week at an auction a NIB Colt M1991-A1 Commander in Matte. I now now thta it is an old roll mark per your desriptions and pictures.

I was lucky at this auction. A dealer had passed away and they were liquidating his inventory and 95% of the guns were NIB. I picked up mine for a total of $320 including a second set of wrap around rubber grips. Around here these guns are going for around $575-$600.

I will let you know how much I like it after I get to shoot it this weekend!

Rebel 13

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I got to shoot my 1991 Colt today. Everything I aimed at I hit. Even some of the other people were amazed at the accuracy at 50 yds - 75 yds. I shot 4 different brands of fmj ammo and not a single failure. The mags I picked worked well alos. One is unknown brand while the other was an original colt mag.

This being my first "1911", I am extremely pleased!!!!:D

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wood grips won't be a problem. I sell machine tools and robotics and I am currently working on a project to sand handgun grips with a robot. We are testing it on 1911 grips. I have known this person and company for many, many years so I will make sure I can get a nice set!.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.