1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Romney says he'll veto any gun control

979 views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  6285108 
#1 ·
Romney says he'll veto any gun control bill that crosses his desk as president. He also says that he recognizes the Second Amendment as an individual right. More...worth a listen. http://politicscentral.com/2008/02/02/the_glenn_and_helen_show_mitt_1.php

If he gets the nomination, he can beat Hilla-Bama. He has reached out to gunowners and committed to an unmistakably pro-2A platform as president.

We are now well beyond the 'lesser of two evils' and unless I find out that he eats babies tomorrow- Romney will get my vote on Tuesday.

#3 ·
At least he realizes what would happen if they said We couldn't own guns. Thats the first time I've heard any politician admit that.

#5 ·
It could be that he changed his mind after realizing this...maybe...just maybe.

#25 ·
Couldn't agree with this sentiment more....

Romney has proven through his record and actions that he will say absolutely ANYTHING to get elected, which means that he is (even for the lowly sandards of politicians) a pathological LIAR!

Lets see, as the gov. of Mass. he was pro choice, pro gun control, and very much a 'moderate'. Now he is talking like he's the second comming of the arch conservative. It is all BS.

Whatever your political stripes are, the last thing we need is another pathological liar in the white house. Or should I put it as......the last thing we need is another occupant of the white house who will so easily misrepresent his positions, and intent.

#6 · (Edited)
Romney already said he would sign a Assault Weapon Ban. Im betting he is still holding to that exception and wont get my vote versus someone who voted against the AWB and says they dont support it.

Here are a few videos on the evolving positions of Mitt Romney. Fact is his opinion changes depending on political expediency:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IaUvmWHzqJ0&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=F9Ygw9CQ9po&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cFMdK0TWtks&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7-UQG7k1uX0&feature=related

#7 ·
Romney may be changing but Huckabee is a CCW holder.

#11 ·
Romney will also say that he believes that toddlers should have their names tattooed to their forehead, if the "toddler tatoo" voting block had enough juice to get him somewhere.

Romney's, and others, words are meaningless at this stage of the game. It's like the old story about the guy who propositions a girl for $20. "No way!" she says. "How about $20,000?". "Okay" says the girl. "how about $40?" says the guy. the girl responds, "You said $20,000".
The guy says "I know. But we've already established that you're a hooker and now were just negotiating the price". It's the same with your word which is why I do not respect most politicians. (I still vote for them though :barf:).

#12 ·
This is just the primaries - vote your conscience. If McCain or Romney see the amount of support true pro-gun candidates have (that be Paul or Huckabee), they'll think twice about gun control out of a fear of a third party run by a real conservative in the general election.

If you don't vote your conscience in the primaries, how are the front-runners to know you even exist?

#15 ·
Nice! I knew all along that Romney was the one to vote for in the abscence of Huckabee, and I'm glad he finally confirmed what I'd already suspected. Kudos to the guy that will probably be our next president, God willing. VOTE ROMNEY ON TUESDAY!

#16 ·
That is sarcasm I take it.

Just because a guy says something doesn't mean it's true, especially if he's spending millions of his own money to be the most powerful man in the world. Romney is a moderate Republican who started touting gun stuff when it would get him votes. If he ever trumpeted how much he respects gun rights or tried to make Mass more gun friendly it has never come to my attention.
He's just moving his lips, like McCain.

Or if I'm wrong and you genuinely want him to win and don't doubt his sincerity, more power to you.

#17 · (Edited)
I have seen Romney change his position on a couple of issues abortion and gun control to name a few, when he does he is called a liar and that he does it for political expediency. So far I have seen him flip, which is a good thing when it is in the right direction...I have yet to see him flop.
I was once pro abortion and pro awb also, and changed my position 180 degrees as I got older...I guess that I am doing it all wrong, when I see someone change positions and become pro2nd amendment, I should call them a liar?

BTW, I have yet to see Romney lie....
I have seen dozens of instances of McCain outright lie though, just two examples:
McCain says he's pro 2nd amendment but he signs the veterans disarmamant act, says he's pro-life but sides with the libs in the Wisconsin right to life issue and fights all the way to the supreme court.

#24 ·
Romney is as progun as hilary.
the only pro-gun canidate left is Huck.
Not my first choice, but the one I will be voting for in the PRIMARY.
I agree with the above poster- If you don't vote your conscience in the primary, who will listen?

#26 ·
Don't forget about Ron Paul!

I'm still of the opinion, that Ron Paul has a role to play (should be as president). This is the primary and Paul, if he gets enough delagates, can broker all kinds of things at the convention. Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who is a stauch supporter of the constitution WITH a record to proove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.