1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://hotair.com/archives/2007/12/16/video-mitt-romney-talks-guns-on-meet-the-press Heres a snippet:
MR. RUSSERT: You’re still for the Brady Bill?
GOV. ROMNEY: I supported the assault weapon ban. I…
MR. RUSSERT: You’re for it?
GOV. ROMNEY: I assigned–and I–let me, let me describe it.
MR. RUSSERT: But you’re still for it.
GOV. ROMNEY: Let’s describe what it is. I signed–I would have supported the original assault weapon ban. I signed an assault weapon ban in Massachusetts governor because it provided for a relaxation of licensing requirements for gun owners in Massachusetts, which was a big plus. And so both the pro-gun and the anti-gun lobby came together with a bill, and I signed that. And if there is determined to be, from time to time, a weapon of such lethality that it poses a grave risk to our law enforcement personnel, that’s something I would consider signing. There’s nothing of that nature that’s being proposed today in Washington. But, but I would, I would look at weapons that pose extraordinary lethality…
MR. RUSSERT: So the assault ban that expired here because Congress didn’t act on it, you would support?
GOV. ROMNEY: Just as the president said, he would have, he would have signed that bill if it came to his desk, and so would have I. And, and, and yet I also was pleased to have the support of the NRA when I ran for governor. I sought it, I seek it now. I’d love to have their support. I believe in the right of Americans to bear arms…
He's just as bad as Giuliani IMHO:rolleyes:

·
Registered
72 Posts
He's worthless. You can tell when they begin to speak about it, which camp they belong in, even if they try to roleplay something else.

Also, I didn't know guns with pistol grips and barrel shrouds were of 'extraordinary lethality'. :mummy: Rocket launchers and pipe bombs were banned by FDR, shouldn't Romney consider that enough?

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Not voting for that piece of Mitt

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
I am totally amazed that all of these political idiots who refuse to get on one side of the fence or the other don`t wind up with a big fat fence post up their butt.:scratch:

·
Registered
289 Posts
msjdgman said:
I am totally amazed that all of these political idiots who refuse to get on one side of the fence or the other don`t wind up with a big fat fence post up their butt.:scratch:
Or at least a lot of splinters. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah hes a snake in the grass, I saw him at shot show but I think he is phony and would sign any anti-gun legislation that went before him as he said he would with the "assult weapon ban"

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Romney has long said he is for "assault weapon" bans, even though he does not really know what they are or what the laws actually accomplish.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I don't even know what an assault weapon is. I believe it is a magical term made up by Sarah Brady to scare sheeple into turning in their guns and turning against gun owners.

DG

·
Administrator
18,611 Posts
Yet another reason to vote your heart and passion and not waste time voting for known invertebrates.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I hear you guys, I do. But you guys have to realize, candidates have to spew this BS in order to get elected. It's sad, but true. The bill in MA that Romney signed helped gun owners out, and shut the Brady Campaign up. He isn't going to sign any whacko bills like the '94 ban, he's just saying that to get votes. He's as Republican as Thompson or Huckabee as far as guns go, and he may be the GOP's best chance. I'm still rooting for Paul, but that may not happen. I'd take Romney any day.

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
Trailboss60 said:
I'll vote for him before I let Hildabeast become president....

AMEN to that...I`m afarid I`d vote for darned near anyone to keep that hooch out of the Whitehouse.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Romney/Hitlery

:barf:
Trailboss60 said:
I'll vote for him before I let Hildabeast become president....

He is Hitlery without balls. No difference...

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
There is no way I can ever vote for anyone who says they are for "assault weapons" bans, I don't care what sort of political BS it supposedly is. After hearing Ron Paul speak, I can only vote for truth, not BS. Romney, Guiliani, and others would force me to vote third party. If Paul does not get the nomination, hopefully he will be running as a third party candidate.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
ssr said:
There is no way I can ever vote for anyone who says they are for "assault weapons" bans, I don't care what sort of political BS it supposedly is. After hearing Ron Paul speak, I can only vote for truth, not BS. Romney, Guiliani, and others would force me to vote third party. If Paul does not get the nomination, hopefully he will be running as a third party candidate.
....Which would damn near give Hitlery the presidency on a silver platter.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
If a party does not represent me, it makes no sense for them to get my vote. If the Republican party starts selecting more and more anti-gun candidates they need to learn that they will lose. If they forsake gun owners and gun owners continue to support them, what do they learn?

Both parties are heading us down the wrong road, the road to ever increasing government spending, government growth, intrusion on personal rights and privacy, and eventual ruin. I cannot vote for that.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Sorry kinda off topic Ron Paul has said he will not run third party. I think he would be great for this country but he's smart enough to know the evil the democrats will do and doesn't wanna take part in giving them a victory.
I am a Libertarian and would love to see him as our next president.
Hillary or Obama cannot get voted in it will be a total loss to freedom.
If either of those two are elected be prepared to give up arms or go out ablazin. I don't think Romney would be this bad yeah might make a few bad decisions I wouldn't agree with but he's also not a communist hell bent on the redistribution of wealth. Gun rights arent the only thing Hillary and Obama will take away. Oprah is trying to rape us like African school girls 30,000
Oprah Obama fans in Columbia SC scares the crap outta me.
Please don't vote 3rd party thats what got the first Clinton in.
Democrat Victory = we're F***ED

·
Registered
443 Posts
joffe said:
He's worthless. You can tell when they begin to speak about it, which camp they belong in, even if they try to roleplay something else.

Also, I didn't know guns with pistol grips and barrel shrouds were of 'extraordinary lethality'. :mummy: Rocket launchers and pipe bombs were banned by FDR, shouldn't Romney consider that enough?
Yeah, I don't think the general public needs rocket launchers. Besides, can you imagine how expensive they would be and how much ammo would cost? And you just know range restrictions would be tough because you can't just go blowing up the wilderness for fun. You would have to use a designated range to keep the environmental damage localized to specific areas the way the military uses the same bombing ranges for their live practice.

I don't see how anything semi-auto in a rifle or carbine is "extra lethal" though.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts