1911Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Plus one

I don't rotate my EDC but I do add an extra mag and a backup pistole on my ankle especially at night when my family is with me

·
Registered
4 Posts
I carry 4 or 5 different guns depending on circumstances and how much weight
I feel like carrying, There is only one thing that is consistent, they are all 1911's.
It is what I'm comfortable with and the controls are always the same. My only rule is
be comfortable with what I'm carrying.

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts
Hobbyists that carry their favorite "gun of the day" are still better than not carrying at all. Most likely, a person that has dumped quite a bit of cash into numerous guns is also somewhat proficient. Ill go out on a limb and say they are more proficient than the sleeze bag he may get in an altercation with. After all, criminals are stupid and carry a Bersa Thunder. Shouldn't be too hard to work around that. Carry what you want when you want...…advantage good guy.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I carry 4 or 5 different guns depending on circumstances and how much weight
I feel like carrying, There is only one thing that is consistent, they are all 1911's.
It is what I'm comfortable with and the controls are always the same. My only rule is
be comfortable with what I'm carrying.
I assume you don't carry them all at the same time. :eek:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would not say I have a set rotation. However, when I do change it is situation based. Since I live in SE Texas the majority of the year I am in short and a t-shirt. So M&P Shield or Ruger LCR are my main carry. While I am on Army National Guard duty I conceal carry a CZ P07 9mm. Since it has been cooler weather lately and I have actually needed to wear a jacket, I have carried the P07 more. I would love to have just one gun that I sue all the time, but it just does not work for me.

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts
Gotta know the rest of the story. How bad was yours?
:biglaugh: It wasn't, we just had a member notice on Live PD, that a large number of dumbasses that were apprehended were packing Thunders. The intelligence level of these fools was not directly related to their weapon choice. It was more a matter of affordability since a pile of crack was more important than a fine weapon.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The irony is that a venerable police detective advised my wife to get a... Bersa Thunder. That was many years ago though, before crazy recent sales pushes on .380 models (only).

So guessing that's what these guys were carrying. But must be just wannabe thugs because real ones would acquire on the street.

The quality, fit, finish and operation of hers is comparable to any well-made pistol. Now if you'd said Kel-Tec, not even a second thought to that.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I alternate back and forth between an FN Hi Power MkIII and a Series 80 1911. Area of town and possible threats dictate which. Recently, my son and I had to travel to a rough part of town. I switched out the 1911 for the Hi Power and two magazines of 9BPLE. An advantage of my rotation is that I'm able to use the same leather for both.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The only thing I like about winter is I carry owb most all of the time. Much more comfortable. It’s a HK vp40 or Glock 30 Gen 4. In summer it’s a Glock 19 gen4 iwb appendix most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have a few other handguns but my "rotation" pretty much consists of a M&P 2.0 40 Compact with a 4" barrel & a Kahr CM9. The vast majority of the time if I am carrying it is the M&P. If I can't conceal the M&P 2.0 I might opt for the little Kahr. They both use the same manual of arms. Striker fired without a manual safety.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Same pistol all the time, carry what you train with. For me, a Glock 19 has been my duty and off duty weapon since the mid 90’s. If I have to go small, I carry a Glock 43

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
For those of you who rotate carry pistols, how often do you rotate and what is your criteria for rotation?
Glock 19 is my EDC and three holsters allow me to carry it no matter what I wear. But occasionally I pocket carry a Seecamp .32 ACP because I am going to a doctor, dentist or somewhere that is not gun friendly. I am a retired policeman but California is really weird when it comes to handguns in public.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts