1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot 100 rounds of 230 gr fmj through my new Kimber today bringing total round count to 500. Over the past few months I've only had 2 FTFs. One happened under 50 rounds and second under 300 rounds.

Here is one of todays's targets with 60 rounds at 15 yards. I'm pretty happy

You may notice no zombies and no head shots. :p

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Nice shooting! I don't know what the reason behind your shooting is, whether it is for self defense training or just for fun, but the X ring on those sillouette (SP) targets is way too low. You may wish to bring your group up a little.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Nice shooting! I don't know what the reason behind your shooting is, whether it is for self defense training or just for fun, but the X ring on those sillouette (SP) targets is way too low. You may wish to bring your group up a little.
Yeah, I've always had a problem with those targets. My silhouette shots are always right at the heart, regardless of where the "bullseye" is. Why would you want a gut shot? That wouldn't be a fight stopper in anything but a high powered rifle.

Nate

·
Registered
170 Posts
Good shooting, and congrats on your 500 round brake in.
I have great service with my Ultra CDP II, but switched to the pro kimber mags.

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good shooting, and congrats on your 500 round brake in.
I have great service with my Ultra CDP II, but switched to the pro kimber mags.
I have 5 of the Wilson Combat 47 OXCB. I've never even used the Kimber mag that came with it. I'm used to shooting a Springer XD9 and those Kimber mags just look so cheap. JMO.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yes the one that came with the CDP II was a cheap one, I picked up some KIM PRO mags with the Kimber to have some 7 rd mags that would work and they do. I use 8 rd mags in my S&W 1911PD.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Big difference between the reglar Kimber mags and the KimProTac mags.

I only use 7-rounders in full-size and officer-size mags. Habit.

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Dad is a Wilson mag fan, so by extension...so am I :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts