1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know being 1911 fans we have a tendency to tinker with them. However, I was curious what's the highest number of rounds that you all have in your Kimbers with all original factory parts or at least mostly all factory parts. I have somewhere between 1500-2000 rounds through my Kimber Custom I. I replaced the MSH with a S&A and put a Wilson extended slide release in it. Other than those mods and a change of grips, the gun is stock.

·
Registered
378 Posts
At 3000 rounds I got an Ed Brown MSH and single sided thumb safety. At 4000 rounds I got rid of the factory mag (cracked feed lip). About the same time I noticed the firing pin stop was cracked and replaced it with an Ed Brown and later a Caspian. 7000 rounds and I put in a Wilson sear. Recoil/ firing pin springs were replaced at 4000 and 8000 rounds.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The Stainless Gold Match I is getting very near 10,000 rounds in this its first year. I put a Wilson Speed-Chute (MSH and magwell) on it when it was around 2000 rounds old. It's had at least 4 or 5 different recoil springs.

The Stainless Target II 9mm is at 300 rounds. It was detail stripped, cleaned, oiled, and I polished the trigger/hammer parts and feed ramp before I ever shot it. I put in a Wilson Speed-Chute and I removed the Series II parts after the first 150 rounds. I have a Dawson fiber optic front sight on the way. I'm going to fit an extra extractor and install an ambi-safety when they arrive. Then it should be pretty close to being good to go.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
close to 9k...only mods are night sights, and a mag well.

·
Registered
235 Posts
My SLE had all the mim parts swapped out at 17000 rds.

Have bobtail steel MSH, Ed Brown extractor and ejector,EdBrown Slide Release and Polished out nicely on the action. The Trigger is not as clean as I would like (has a tad of greep) But, is right at 3 Lbs. after it got polished out.

The ejector was being peened back from the abuse of 2000 rds. power ball through it. At the same time I swapped the extractor. Both needed minor tuning to give justice to the job.

What was nice is simply that the know how to do these changes to my gun came in a big part from these pages.

Anyway back on target.........I have since put 9k more through it and it functions flawlessly. So that's now 28 K through this bull barrel and it is dead on.

BeSafe,StayFree;
Automatix :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Fourteen month old Eclipse Custom II - over 12,000 rounds. Swapped the MSH for an S&A with magwell. Changed the mainspring to a 19#. Swap the recoil spring every 2,000. All else stock (except mags). The few failures I've experienced were ammo related. Zero gun malfunctions...even during the mythical break-in period.

Three month old Tactical Custom II - over 2,000 rounds. All stock (except mags). No malfunctions...even during the mythical break-in period.

Eddie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts