1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY GUYS:GUNNUTS HERE,I'm sorry it took so long to get the info.,BUT!The Bushing Wrench that we talked about for hard to get out RR'S bushing is made by KING'S,Brownell's has them for $14.95 part#487-403-001,They work super on my RR,I wish RR made a officers frame with the 4.25 in.barrel,I have a NIB COLT CCO that would be a nice CCW,But I never shot it,It's for my grandson's 21'st birthday.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hey gunnuts, Thanks for the info. What is it made of? Will it scratch the pistol? Sam

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HEY SAM:GUNNUTS HERE,It's made of steel,But I put a little TETRA grease on it,and also my RR came with the short recoil guiderod & closed plug,the first time I moved the wrench on the plug it marked the plug BAD so I put a WILSON #25 rod & open plug in,Maybe it's just me but I like the full recoil guiderods,I wish sombody would make a alum. or brass bushing wrench that long,But this set up works good, the Wilson plug is silver color steel & shows no scratches from the wrench,with the tetra on the front of the slide the wrench does not mark it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Brownells sells an aluminum bushing wrench. Don't know the part number. I got mine about a year ago.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think Brownells does a plastic one also. They get knurled up but they work fine. I guess its better that a $5 tool gets it instead of the bushing. Kimber is giving what looks like the same wrench with their guns that come with a 1pc FLGR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts