1911Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sending my RRA back in for some work. I have been working with Steve at the shop, great to work with, to get the shipping squared away.

The front sight came out of the dovetail and the safety needs to be re-finished.

My question is how will they fix the front sight if the dovetail is too loose? Oversize front sight?

The pistol is great and after seeing Dubb's EC, I want one in 4" soon.

Is the shipping time really 6=8 months. Iwaited 15 for my Standard Match.

Also what is this Black Diamond finsih?

77Bronc

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if the sight was thi issue, not the slide. Either way, I am confident in RRAs desire to put out the best product they can and back it up with top notch service.

Most blued pistols are being shipped in 6-8 months. Black T or hardchrome can add up to 4 months. Bodycoat? Don't ask. I waited 22 months for mine. It is a wonderful finish, though. After my other Commandos arrive, I intend to order another in Bodycoat Diamond Black, however I would like the pistol first to be bead blasted--no polishing.

Be well!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My RRA was siting in my foyer when I got home from work this past Thursday. Less than 4 weeks in the shop. All items on the pistol were corrected, it looked great.

Went to the range for a short time yesterday and ran 100 rounds through it. No problems. Had to get home to see my LSU Tigers play Ole Miss, I do have other priorities.

The service at RRA was great. Dr. Bob, tell all thanks and also to AR-Robert, he helped me on the phone.

77Bronc
(Richard S. in Louisiana)

·
Registered
442 Posts
77 Bronc

Hey take it easy on my Hogs this Friday.

I really want a RR but I'm to old to wait that long. To bad the Feds are going to make them start making them put markings on the slides.

WooooooooooPigSooooooooie Go Razorbacks.

Hardball1911:biglaugh:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is sad, the slides on my RRA is so perfect, I cannot believe this. Does this mean if you order a Caspian slide, it will have Model 1911 on the slide? Or does this apply to finised pistols only?

I am glad to see the wait list down to 6 months, do you think this is real? I want a Commander size next, Elite Commando more than likely

Haedball: The Hogs always play the Tigers hard, at 8-3, Arkansas will be a tough game. They took Miss State behind the wood shed this past Saturday.

I was really expecting LSU to do better against Ole Miss, but the "W" is what counts.

If they run the table, they still cannot make it to the Sugar, the BCS will not let that happen.

77Bronc
Gumbo Central (I will cooking a gumbo Thursday-no turkey here)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ouch, Oooo, that hurt. I asked real nice and you still beat the stuffings out of my Hogs. Well they played like piglets against the Tigers and LSU played like the Champs ya'll are.

Go and WIN the SEC Championship for the West.

Hardball1911

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hardball,

I am sorry, I left my house at halftime to bring my son and wife shopping. We were at Best Buy and I watched the rest of it there with the other fans.

I was not a good day for the Hogs. They did play tough and I was real worried about this game today.

We will have to wait and see Sunday night for the BCS computer to spit out the SEC East team, between Florida, Tennessee and Georgia. It will be interesting.

Keep Shooting
77Bronc
BSME, LSU, 1982

·
Banned
537 Posts
77Bronc,
I've got to say, with the possible exception of Oklahoma, LSU is the best complete team I've seen this year. If Yall have any weak spots I don't know what they would be. I thought USC would be the only team that could give OU a game. I think now LSU might be the team to play them. It's a shame, like you say, that it won't happen.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Mine shoots GREAT! I couldn't be happier.

Now, I can't wait for the Elite Commando I have on order.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Doc,

The pistols are shooting great. I do have a question, the test targets that come with the RRA I assume are at 50 yards and from a rest. Are they sighted in bullseye at 50 yards?

Also,

GPO, I really feel the Tigers could stay with the Sooners. I talked to a Sugar Bowl Committee member last week at my son's high school swim meet, in New Orleans and the committee also feels the OK-LSU match up would be better. They feel LSU can stay with OK, whereas, USC could not.

·
Registered
618 Posts
50 yards

We use Federal Gold 185 grain semi-wad ammo for our 50 yard test targets off the ransom rest. We use TZZ for our DCM Ball guns, but everything else is done with Federal. We don't sight in the adjustable sights but we do look at POA and POI with the guns with fixed sights. We do this to determine if we need to put a taller or shorter front sight in the pistol. It's up to you guys to tune in the sights for your shooting.

Thats about it from my end...we are plugging away at the finished guns and I am finishing up a few special Chrome guns in hopes of hitting the holidays. They should be done later today...but first, I have a Trigonometry test to go tackle. Wish me luck guys...this crap is hard work.

Bob

·
Registered
254 Posts
Limited Match

Hey Dr Bob,

I just took delievery of my Limited Match yesterday. The pistol is absolutely a thing of beauty. It's been just about 18 months, but if this gun shoots half as good as it looks, I'll be elated! I'll be ordering a second pistol very shortly, next month most likely, rollmark or not!!

Anyway, I just wanted to tell y'all, have a great Christmas and New Year's! My best to all of you at RRA!!

I'm planning on getting some rounds downrange on Saturday, so I'll stop back and let y'all know how it goes, ok?

Cheers people !!

mavrick

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
A detailed range report complete with pictures is in order here.

What does everyone else think?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts