1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sort of feel like a traitor, but since RRA is not available for sale in CA, and nobody seems to be selling theirs, I had to look at what else there is.

Being spoiled by quality, I didn't want a Springfield, or another Kimber. I wound up getting a Les Baer Premier II. I held it at the dealer, and it felt just like my Rock River DCM. The slim feel to the frame, the checkered front strap, the TIGHT slide to frame fit. The lockup is even tighter, I could barely work the slide. The blueing is almost black, if it wasn't for the markings, it could be mistaken for a RRA. Rock River has the least slide marks of any manufacturer, and I like that look the best of all. The Les B. does have their name on the slide, and the caliber on the other side, but it's fairly subdued, compared to a Valtro, or Colt.

I compared the Premier II to the Basic Limited Match, and their features are identical. It looks like they are made within 20 miles of each other too!

So as soon as I can pick it up, my RRA will have a "cousin".

·
Registered
474 Posts
Ranger,
I absolutely love my Premier II. It is without a doubt the best 1911 I have ever had the pleasure of shooting. After 3,000 rnds it still locks up TIGHT. I would like to hear what you think of it once you get some rounds downrange. Anyway, congrats on your selection of hardware.

------------------

1 - 2 of 2 Posts