1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a true "commander" frame and slide or a full size frame and commander size slide made for the frame. I know there are some slight differences in the commander and full size frame and was wondering which it was. Thanks!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Is this a true "commander" frame and slide or a full size frame and commander size slide made for the frame. I know there are some slight differences in the commander and full size frame and was wondering which it was. Thanks!
I believe it's a full size frame with commander slide. At least I hope so since I have that in mind when I placed my order back in July. Still waiting. :(

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm. So they didn't shorten the frame rails and stuff on it, so its the same as the Les Baers? Do people have problems with the slide not slingshotting?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I have a RRA Elite Commando, which is the predessesor to the ProCarry, and I'm able to slingshot the slide even with a shok buff installed. I'm not sure what dimension they changed to make that possible.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Once again we have changed the name of this model. I believe the web site reflects this as well as the new catalogs that will be coming out after Shot Show. It is now called the "RRA Carry". None of the specs have been changed.

We modify a full size frame and use a true 4.25" Kart barrel. We shorten the dust cover, frame rails, and deepen the guide rod relief area. You can slingshot it.

I believe it's a full size frame with commander slide. At least I hope so since I have that in mind when I placed my order back in July. Still waiting.
ADOR, if you can give me a little info on your order I can get a status for you on that.

Mark

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info, Clevus!! Nice to hear that companies still make traditional commander framed guns instead of just using the regular full size frame!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts