1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who makes ambi cut wrap around rubber grips for full size 1911's? I've been looking for ambi cut rubber wrap around grips for my Springfield loaded but when I get on Pachmayer's and others' sites, I find no detailed description as to whether the grips are ambi cut or not. I have a set of non ambi cut grips from Pachmayer but they are metal reinforced and do not look like they could be modified to fit an ambi safety.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hogue makes them. They aren't "cut" for ambi safeties, but they work fine. They aren't reinforced with anything; I have a set that I don't use anymore (wraparound rubber grips with the finger bumps), but they've never proved problematic (not even one little bit) with my ambi safety gun.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hey, if you haven't already ordered yours, I have a brand new, custom cut pair of Pachmayr grips that I need to sell. Springfield custom-cuts these for their 1911's with ambi safeties, and I bought one but then got my pistol checkered so I've never even used it. Let me know if you're interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts