1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been target shooting with my Colt Series 80 very frequently in the past few months and it's time for some rubber grips. The Rosewood grips that came with the gun cause some discomfort after about 100 rounds.

I have looked at the Grips section and found that Hogue, Pachmayr, Pearce, and Safariland all manufacture rubber grips. Which are the best for my Series 80? It seems like rubber grips make more sense for tactical as well as practical use. All these exotic grips seem to be around for show.

Let me know what y'all think.

Thanks.

·
Vendor
1,642 Posts
If you are working from a holster and practicing your draw, shooting in a match or carrying for real you may be better served by the wooden grips.

If you do not place your hand on the gun in the perfect firing grip initially, the tacky quality of rubber often prevents shifting your hand to improve your grip while completing the draw stroke.

As always, you are free to ignore this advice. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used Hogue wrap aroung FG untill I noticed they caused my cover garment to drag which created a slower draw from concealment. I switched to wood with finger grooves and like them much better. My vest slips around them like they were greased.

xx

·
Registered
300 Posts
Brett-

Check out Kimber's double diamond.....

-B

1 - 5 of 5 Posts