1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot a friend's 1911 fitted with Hogue rubber grips--the kind with finger grooves--the other day, and I was amazed by how much better I dealt with hot loads, and how much better my groups were. It may be sloppy technique, but the grooves guide my fingers to the right hold on the pistol. I'm sold. But: which finger-groove grip is best: Hogues or Pachmyrs? I'd appreciate advice and experiences with either or both of these grips.

·
Registered
888 Posts
If the one you shot with was good why look for something else? Get the ones that felt good and never look back.

·
Registered
27,692 Posts
Or put some skate board tape on your frontstrap and see if that helps.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Both are fine (I've used both plus one made by Bianchi, years ago), but whichever fits your hand better would seem the obvious choice.

The main advantages to rubber grips are that they're "hand-filling" (if your hands are big enough to require it) and that they provide cushioning, which can obviously make almost all shooting more comfortable.

Just remember that rubber grips are anathema for CCW, as they tend to grab your clothing and thereby interfere with a smooth weapon acquisition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts